Flutter Software Engineer – Mobile
Contentsquare is a global digital analytics company empowering the brands you interact with every day to build better online experiences for all. Since our founding in France in 2012, we have grown to be a truly global and distributed team – known as the CSquad – representing more than 70 nationalities across the world.
In 2022, we raised $600M in Series F funding, doubling our valuation to $5.6B and were recognised as a certified Great Place to Work in France, Germany, Israel, US and UK.
- At Contentsquare, all employees share one goal: to help brands create exceptional online experiences with our industry-leading digital experience analytics platform.
- In the mobile data collection team, we are on a mission to build the industry leading digital experience analytics SDK.
- With a stellar growth, billions of users, a complex business environment and the need for us to have a very high level of quality, performance and privacy, you’ll find an engaging, rewarding and supportive work environment at Contentsquare.
- We are looking for developers who understand that development is a team effort, who are proud of a job well done and know how to implement simple and efficient solutions to solve challenging and unique problems.
- On the data collection side, our SDK works on native iOS applications (implemented in Swift) and native Android applications (SDK is in Java – converted to Kotlin over time -, Unit Tests and Sample App in Kotlin). We also support various multi-platform frameworks (React Native, Flutter, Capacitor/Ionic, Cordova) with specific bridges.
- The Tag (implemented in Typescript) that collects data on websites (both desktop and web mobile) is implemented and maintained by the Web Team.
- Our APIs are mostly designed with our specific constraints in mind. For example, the most data intensive ones use Protocol Buffers.
- Our backend uses a combination of technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Flink, Akka, ClickHouse and languages such as Scala, Golang, Python, C++.
- Our monitoring and deployment are handled through Kibana, Grafana, Terraform, Datadog and finally, everything is hosted on AWS and Azure.
- Our frontend is a micro-frontend SPA developed mainly in Angular/Vue.js and Node.js.
- Our first challenge is to navigate through uncharted territories, native APIs, cross-platform wrappers and bridges as well as poorly documented features to make sure we collect all the relevant data we need to compute our insights.
- In addition we obviously must ensure a very high level of performance (as well as the least impact on user experience), stability and be very mindful about data and CPU consumption.
- Our rapid growth requires a strong focus on software architecture, code sharing and automation to sustain our delivery capacity while increasing our teams’ size.
- Finally, we are not a tracking company, so collecting PII (Personal Identifiable Information) is an absolute no-go for us and we take it very seriously!
Skills & Mindset
- If you have already worked on any kind of software SDK your experience will be of great interest to us.
- In the same way, if you have notable experience in high performance code, automated non-regression and performance testing, software bridges (between technologies, native and non-native), and if you love working “between the lines” by bridging native and cross-platform technologies or frameworks such as Flutter/Dart, Swift UI, Compose, React Native/Typescript, we would love to hear from you.
- As a team we are really involved in producing a high quality SDK. We expect our developers to know how to unit test their code, to write easy to read & maintain code and documentation as well as being comfortable doing pair programming with their team members.
What we offer
- A healthy working environment with supportive team members, a place to grow both technically and as an individual
- Autonomy, responsibilities, and opportunities
- An Engineering Career Path (with clearly defined progression steps and opportunities to mentor and be mentored) to make sure you always learn something new
- Plenty of opportunities for training and development
- Attractive salary and stock options
- Flexible working conditions (100% in-office or any hybrid setup of your choice)
- A dynamic and multi-cultural company with +50 nationalities
- Good health insurance
- Many benefits such as reductions on gym membership and leisure activities
Why you should join our R&D department? Here is our R&D Manifesto
We write our own story.
We think for ourselves, keeping an open mind and engaging in constructive criticism. We are transparent in what we do and why we do it. We build and leverage tech expertise to answer business challenges. Learning from all experiences, we deliver continuous improvements in production. We empower all team members to have an end-to-end impact, take initiative, and bring new ideas to life. We stand together and thrive together; team spirit and solidarity matter even more than strong expertise.
We live a human adventure.
Why you should join Contentsquare:
- We’re humans first. We hire dedicated people and provide them with the trust, resources and flexibility to get the job done.
- We invest in our people through career development, mentorship, social events, philanthropic activities, and competitive benefits.
- We are a fast growing company with a track record of success over the past 10 years, yet we operate with the agility of a startup. That means a huge chance to create an immediate and lasting impact.
- Our clients, partners and investors love our industry-leading product.
To keep our employees happy and engaged, we are always assessing the benefits/perks we offer to ensure we are competitive. Here are a few we want to highlight:
- Virtual onboarding, Hackathon, and various opportunities to interact with your team and global colleagues both on and offsite each year.
- Work flexibility: hybrid and remote work policies.
- Generous paid time-off policy (every location is different).
- Immediate eligibility for birthing and non-birthing parental leave.
- Wellbeing allowance.
- Home Office Allowance.
- A Culture Crew in every country to coordinate regular outings such as game nights, movie nights, and happy hours.
- Every full-time employee receives stock options, allowing them to share in the company’s success.
- We offer many benefits in various countries — ask your recruiter for more information.
Uniqueness is embedded in our DNA as one of our core values. Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements above, we encourage you to apply.
Diversity & Inclusivity:
Contentsquare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.