#WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to the customer to join us in shaping the future of cybersecurity. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters – one team, one fight.
About the Role:
CrowdStrike Intelligence is seeking a motivated security researcher with excellent technical skills to develop and refine honeypot environments for gaining insight into activities of cloud-conscious adversaries. Security Researchers within the Advanced Research Team (ART) will be expected to apply a broad set of skills to support the CrowdStrike Intelligence mission. ART is responsible for collecting technical artifacts about adversary activity, researching and publishing on topics related to information security, providing technical expertise to other teams within CrowdStrike Intelligence, and developing tools to support analysts in their day-to-day duties. Aside from working on longer-term research and collection projects, ART security researchers will be required to provide unique solutions on short notice to serve ad-hoc needs by other teams within CrowdStrike Intelligence.
This highly technical position serves an important role in conducting research, increasing our coverage of the global cloud threat landscape, contributing to the continuous tracking of cloud adversaries, and improving CrowdStrike’s ability to develop mitigations as well as create finished intelligence products that provide a decision advantage to customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Research options, develop, and implement honeypots to detect adversary activities and TTPs targeting cloud environments, including the control plane.
- Reconstruct, investigate, and track cloud intrusions leveraging cloud service provider activity logs (AWS CloudTrail, Azure Activity Logs) and document findings.
- Enhance understanding of observed cloud activity by reproducing the activity in a test cloud environment.
- Create tools to automate analysis tasks and tracking of threat actors.
- Write cloud-activity-based (KQL, Amazon Athena), host-based (Yara) and network-based (Zeek/Snort/Suricata) signatures suited for large-scale hunting, detection, and tracking of threats.
- Perform a technical analysis and reverse engineering of tools related to threat activity within the cloud environment or as part of cloud-conscious intrusions
- Collaborate with our interdisciplinary team to coordinate adversary and campaign tracking, and provide support to teams that develop mitigation strategies and respond to incidents
- Reproduce emerging vulnerabilities and provide actionable technical information
- Stay on top of current information security topics
- Perform vulnerability research with a focus on cloud environments
- Publish research results on the CrowdStrike blog or at conferences
- Collaborate across other teams at CrowdStrike Intelligence and beyond to inform on information security topics
What You’ll Need:
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining cloud environments using at least one major cloud service provider (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Understanding of cloud security concepts, in particular identity and access management (IAM)
- Ability to monitor cloud environments and detect anomalies, as well as reconstruct incidents based on cloud activity logs
- Solid background in Linux and Microsoft Windows operating system administration
- Solid understanding of network protocols
- Excellent problem solving skills, creativity and strong analytical skills to investigate, assess, validate, and think outside the box
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- Software development experience in Python (preferred) or other high-level languages (e.g. Rust, Golang)
- Information security background
- Ability to work remotely, in a collaborative team environment
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining cloud honeypots
- Experience developing detections with KQL or Amazon Athena
- Proven track record of relevant experience in the cloud security field
- Knowledge of reverse engineering tools (disassemblers, decompilers, debuggers) and processes (unpacking malware, reconstructing code logic, etc).
- Experience in vulnerability research and exploit development
- A background in threat intelligence is a plus.
BA/BS or equivalent experience in Information Security/Computer Science/Computer Engineering, or a related field.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards with option to participate in ESPP in eligible countries
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Access to CrowdStrike University, LinkedIn Learning and Jhanna
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
- Birthday time-off in your local countryWork with people who are passionate in our mission and Great Place to Work certified across the globe
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation - generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact [email protected], for further assistance.
To apply for this job please visit crowdstrike.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.