The European Patent Office (EPO) is in the midst of a major transformation, building a DevOps practice and making agile principles a reality. It’s like nothing we’ve ever done before!
Our mission is to support innovation, competitiveness and economic growth across Europe. We pride ourselves on taking innovation seriously and are fully committed to our digital transformation.
Whilst preparing our next strategic plan, we are seeking talent to reinforce our teams and prepare the next generation of tools and practices, to increase the productivity of our workforce.
We are looking to recruit highly creative individuals with a broad range of skills across the field of IT, as well as developing a talent pool in anticipation of future openings.
Do you have experience in the following area(s) and roles? Then, we’d love to hear from you!
For more information about all our Solution Architect roles, please click on the “apply” button. You will be transferred to our career page where you can find all the details to each role.
Here are some of the different qualifications we are looking for:
- Cloud Computing and / or experience with Cloud technologies – (eg: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS, Azure)
- Development experience with Java / Springboot Microservices
- Understanding and experience of smart-building and IoT technologies and related implementations
- Technical expertise in the areas of digital facilities management, building management and security systems, and wireless, mobility and sensor technologies
- Continuous integration and delivery (Helm, Github, ArgoCD, Github Actions)
Considerable experience in web content management and website-related solution creation and development
- In-depth experience with end-to-end solution creation from vision to operation, including CI/CD concepts
- Experience with digital workplace and collaboration tools
- Diploma of completed studies at master’s level or – in exceptional cases – equivalent professional experience
- Excellent knowledge (at least C1) of one official language (English, French and German) and the ability to understand the other two; alternatively, excellent knowledge (at least C1) of one official language and the willingness to learn the missing language(s) and to reach level B2 within a set time frame
- Citizenship of one of the member states of the European Patent Organisation
What we offer:
- An opportunity to participate in complex IT projects at the heart of the EPO’s digital transformation initiative
- Daily collaboration with a diverse, hard-working and united team of highly skilled and dedicated professionals from all over Europe
- Self-development opportunities through a broad range of training activities provided by our Talent Academy
- A challenging yet highly rewarding working environment
- A comprehensive and family-friendly benefits package
- A flexible working model
- Access to a wide variety of social activities and clubs
- Flexibility to work in either Munich or The Hague
The successful candidates will be selected on the basis of qualifications and relevant experience, supplemented as appropriate by interviews, tests and/or a personality questionnaire.
- Job group: 4
- Grade: G7 to G10 (net basic) monthly salary* for this vacancy: EUR 6 459 to 9 364, depending on experience and location
- Duration of appointment: Five years
- Career path: Technical
- Location: Hybrid based in Germany (Munich) or The Netherlands (The Hague)
- Application deadline: 29 March 2023
- Interviews planned: April, May and June 2023
* after deduction of EPO-internal tax and before deduction of staff contributions to the social security and pension schemes.Diversity & Inclusivity:
Our work environment
We believe that diversity is fundamental to our success. Our inclusive work environment respects, values and celebrates our individual differences. We want you to be yourself at work.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.