The Mobile Enablement team focuses on building APIs and tools to accelerate the development of mobile-focused features by product teams. The team also aims to enhance the experience of using FullStory’s capabilities to analyze mobile application usage.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Mobile Enablement Team, you will report to the team’s Manager within our Application Experience organization. You will help by building APIs and tooling that make FullStory’s unique mobile data easier for our development teams to leverage in new product features (and often collaborating on those features directly).
Our Mobile product is a massive differentiator and you will have the opportunity to be a leader across the company and have an outsized impact on delivering value to our customers.
As a systems-oriented individual, you will analyze how things work and use that understanding to suggest and design improvements to systems. This will help accelerate teams building features that leverage our mobile data.
In a typical day, you might:
- Design and implement improvements across services with other engineering and product teams to unlock new product capabilities for our Mobile customers.
- Build tooling that makes manual and automated application testing easier for engineering, product, and customer-facing teams.
- Write design documents that provide broad technical guidance and high-level systems design to streamline the development of web and mobile solutions.
- Engage with customer-facing teams such as support engineering and sales engineering to gather feedback. Use feedback to design improvements to the data we capture, and enhance the product.
- Play a role in designing strategy and planning for the team on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Propose new directions, ideas, systems, and processes for the long-term business goals.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience working across backend and frontend technical stacks to deliver products. (e.g., Go, Typescript, Java, Objective-C, and Rust)
- Experience designing and building APIs and systems consumed by other services or engineering teams.
- Experience evolving existing services to deliver new product capabilities.
- Experience working either directly or indirectly on mobile applications in some capacity.
- Understanding the nuances of distributed architectures and databases. (e.g., types of failures, complex distributed algorithms interactions)
The impact you will have in 6 Months:
- Learn the paradigm differences between our Web and Mobile SDKs, and use that knowledge to contribute to a shipped project.
- Built tooling to enable non-mobile product engineers to build products for FullStory for Mobile apps without having to be a mobile expert.
The impact you will have in 12 Months:
- Drive a large cross-product effort that ships on time and with high quality, delivering immediate value to FullStory for Mobile Apps customers.
- Be a thought leader within our engineering organization and impact our culture as an exemplar of quality.
Founded in 2014 on the belief that everyone benefits from a more perfect digital experience, FullStory’s digital experience intelligence (DXI) platform empowers businesses to continuously improve their customer experience across sites and apps. FullStory is backed by world-class investors and has 500+ employees worldwide with offices in Atlanta and London. We are proud to have been named to Forbes’ List of America’s Top Startup Employers, Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List, and LinkedIn’s Top US Startups List. We are guided by our values of Empathy, Clarity, Bionics, and Trust, which we embed in our day-to-day work.
How we support you:
- FullStorians are committed to building something better—from how we approach our product, to how we care for our customers and each other. Better is only possible when we can bring our full selves to work. Along these lines, we offer:
- Autonomy and flexibility. From a remote-first work environment and flexible paid time off, to an annual company-wide closure – FullStorians can focus on the moments that matter.
- Benefits. Take care of the whole you. FullStory offers sponsored benefit packages for US-based FullStorians, and supplemental coverage options for international FullStorians.
- Learning opportunities. We provide professional development opportunities through training programs, career coaching sessions, and an annual learning subsidy.
- Productivity support. We provide all FullStorians with a monthly productivity stipend and reimburse remote colleagues for their initial home office set up.
- Team events. Connect with fellow FullStorians through Employee Resource Group events, Listening & Alignment weeks, and team off-sites.
- Paid parental leave. FullStorians have the flexibility to balance the needs of their growing families without the added stress of figuring out work and finances.
- Grow your family. We offer a global fertility and family building benefit that encompasses all journeys to growing your family.
- Bereavement leave. Every family is different; we leave it to you to define who your family is, and support you when you need it most.
- Miscarriage/Pregnancy loss leave. Whether it is for a FullStorian or their partner – take the time you need.
FullStory is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to fostering an increasingly diverse community. We want candidates of all human varieties, backgrounds, and lifestyles. There’s no problem that can’t be made better by bringing together people with a broader set of perspectives. If our product, values, and community resonate with you, please apply - we'd love to hear from you!
If you may require reasonable accommodations to participate in our job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]. Requests for accommodations will be treated confidentially.
To apply for this job please visit www.fullstory.com.