***CHESTER OR LONDON OFFICE LOCATION***
GBG is the leading expert in global digital identity. We combine our powerful technology, the most accurate data coverage, and our talented team to deliver award-winning location intelligence, identity verification, and fraud prevention solutions.
With over 30 years’ of experience, we bring together a team of over 1,250 dedicated experts with local industry insight from around the world to make it easy for businesses to identify and verify customers and locations, protecting everyone, everywhere from fraud.
Why you should be@GBG
(with the 93% of our team members that recommend us as a great place to work)
We make the world a safer place
We trust each other and win together
We are local experts in a global business
We want you to be yourself
We grow when you grow
The Engine team is responsible for developing and growing the core of our Documents & Biometrics digital identity verification product. This provides intelligent document processing using AI technologies. This core engine powers most of the solution. We collaborate closely with the Research Team to bring their innovations to life. We pride ourselves on writing high quality code and following the best CI/CD principles aimed at enterprise applications and services.
As a key member of this C++ focused squad you will contribute to all stages of the software delivery life cycle from refinement of stories to delivery. You will collaborate regularly with members of your team as well as those from other teams and communicate your ideas and proposals in a clear fashion. We aspire to build on the past successes of our products and so are looking for an experienced and passionate developer to join us on the journey.
What you will do
As a senior C++ Engineer, you will ensure our products are developed using the most effective technical approaches, with best practices are adopted. You will collaborate with members of your own team as well those from other teams and stakeholders, working playing an important role in building and maintaining up-to-date knowledge base in all stages of SDLC and also in the domain. Ultimately responsible for actively establishing a clear and efficient development and delivery processes for your parts of this product.
What We’re Looking For
- Proven experience in software development in commercial environment.
- Current experience in developing high quality, high performing code in modern C++ (C++17 and higher).
- Cross platform development (Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, Mac). Experience with CMake is required.
- Unit testing frameworks (GTest/Catch etc)
- Open source libraries like Boost and OpenCV.
- Code review processes.
- Good working knowledge of .NET core and Restful API.
- Proficient in scripting languages such as Python.
- Good knowledge of CI processes and best practices.
- Genuine passion for identifying issues and solving them.
- Proficient in designing and implementing complex object-oriented patterns, public interfaces and architectural patterns.
- Good experience in Version Control System. Preferably GIT.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please inform your GBG Talent Attraction Specialist if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.