***CHESTER OR LONDON OFFICE LOCATION***
GBG is the leading expert in global digital identity. We combine our powerful technology, the most accurate data coverage, and our talented team to deliver award-winning location intelligence, identity verification, and fraud prevention solutions.
With over 30 years’ of experience, we bring together a team of over 1,250 dedicated experts with local industry insight from around the world to make it easy for businesses to identify and verify customers and locations, protecting everyone, everywhere from fraud.
Why you should be@GBG
(with the 93% of our team members that recommend us as a great place to work)
We make the world a safer place
We trust each other and win together
We are local experts in a global business
We want you to be yourself
We grow when you grow
Loqate Technology Team – At Loqate (a GBG solution) our mission is to help every business in the world reach every customer in the world. Within the Loqate Product Engineering Team, we achieve this by providing location capture, address verification, geocoding, and data enrichment solutions to allow businesses to find, validate and know everything there is to know about a specific location… And you thought it was just postcodes!
This role is for a knowledgeable, motivated software engineer to join one of our multi-disciplinary product squads working on our Verify product. Thousands of customers use Verify as part of their e-commerce process or data processing workflows to ensure their customer data is up-to-date and accurate; it verifies, corrects and enriches address data from anywhere in the world, playing a key role in helping our customers to reduce failed deliveries.
You will join a dynamic team where you can utilise and develop your skills in modern tools and frameworks such as Golang, Kubernetes and Terraform to help build and run scalable, high-performance services, supporting a product that handles millions of address verification requests per day.
What you will do
- Own your product -take part in the technical design, delivery, and documentation of the product as we continue to support millions of transactions per day, and take a proactive role in expanding its growth.
- Build great things -work with other engineers and stakeholders to add new features, squash bugs and solve problems. Take part in code reviews and ensure there are automated tests for everything we produce.
- Love shipping code – our squads are empowered to use CI/CD best practices and tooling so that deploying to production is an everyday thing.
- Teach us something – seen something that you think would be useful? Share your knowledge, propose new tools, enhance and extend our existing processes.
What We’re Looking For
If you don’t have all the skills listed here then don’t let that put you off, we’d still love to hear from you!
- A strong foundation in software engineering principles and experience with one or more modern languages, preferably Golang.
- Experience working with distributed cloud systems, particularly involving containers. We run on Kubernetes in GCP.
- An understanding of Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD pipelines.
- Advocating for quality. In our squads we want everyone to have a test mindset and be responsible for the quality of the product. That doesn’t stop at unit tests; our software engineers contribute to ensuring quality throughout the pipeline, whether it be integration, end-to-end, performance or security testing.
- A data-driven mindset. We want our squads to be comfortable using our own data to understand user behaviour, enabling us to drive our products forward and achieve our growth goals.
- A positive, inquisitive nature, and confidence in sharing your knowledge with others.
- Keen to learn, with an awareness of where your own strengths lie and where the gaps are in your knowledge
In return we offer
- The opportunity to work with a fantastic team (if we say so ourselves).
- Remote, flexible and hybrid working patterns backed up by our “Work when and where you want” policy (check it out on our website).
- UK offices providing collaborative and welcoming environments, plus offices worldwide.
- A working environment that promotes a culture of inclusion and diversity.
- A competitive company benefit scheme.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please inform your GBG Talent Attraction Specialist if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.