GBG is the leading expert in global digital identity. We combine our powerful technology, the most accurate data coverage and our talented team to deliver award-winning location intelligence, identity verification and fraud prevention solutions.
With over 30 years’ experience, we bring together a team of over 1,250 dedicated experts with local industry insight from around the world to make it easy for businesses to identify and verify customers and locations, protecting everyone, everywhere from fraud.
Why you should [email protected]
(With the 95% of our team members that recommend us as a great place to work)
We make the world a safer place
We trust each other and win together
We are local experts in a global business
We want you to be yourself
We grow when you grow
About the team:
Loqate Technology Team – Within Loqate (a GBG solution) our mission is to help every business in the world reach every customer in the world. Within the Loqate Technology Team we achieve this by providing address searching, data verification, geocoding, and enrichment solutions to allow businesses to find, validate and know everything there is to know about a specific location. And you thought it was just postcodes!
This is an exciting and impactful role that provides the opportunity to heavily influence the technical growth of our team and products at Loqate. As a Lead Software Engineer you will bring your passion for technology, experience of developing great software, and constant desire to improve. Working as part of a tight-knit squad, together you will build an understanding of the problem space and customer behaviours, before using that knowledge to iteratively build the right thing at the right time.
You’ll be an inspiring leader and mentor, who can shape a technical vision to provide direction and purpose for the team. You will hold yourself and the team to account, running experiments, taking educated risks, learning from failures and continually looking for new ways to improve. You’ll enjoy planning, organising and problem solving as well as coding, balancing an ever-shifting workload while picking up slack where appropriate, and you’ll love sharing your experience with others, guiding the team towards best practices, and promoting a healthy, positive can-do culture.
What you will do:
At Loqate we’re constantly learning, and we’re not afraid to change in order to adapt to the ever-shifting environment around us. Here’s what your day to day work might look like, but this will change as you, your role and our business all develop.
You will be:
- Working in a dynamic and exciting Agile environment with a fun and enthusiastic technical team
- Challenging the norm and encouraging continual improvement in our development methodologies
- Guiding the team in the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of our solutions
- Mentoring, coaching, and pair-programming with team members to help them be the best they can be
- Authoring (and helping team members author) testable, scalable, and efficient code, and leading code reviews
- Building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders to help translate their needs into a technical vision for the team
- Gathering and using data to understand how our solutions are really used, then using that knowledge to influence decisions
- Experimenting to explore the art of the possible and to validate decisions and actions
- Investing in yourself through continually developing your skills, competencies and knowledge
What we’re looking for:
The core qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- An inquisitive nature with a passion for all things tech
- Enthusiasm for solving complex challenges and delivering great solutions
- A passion for promoting engineering excellence in those around you through coaching and guiding individuals, and the team as a whole, to influence change
- Experience leading a technical team through their highs and lows
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to adapt your style to different audiences
- An appreciation of the rationale behind Agile and experience working in an Agile environment
- The ability to build strong working relationships, with experience creating connections with stakeholders to understand and capture key needs, and provide productive feedback
- From a technical perspective, we’re looking for the following:
- Technical depth in C#
Knowledge of database technologies (e.g. SQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with cloud platforms and services (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with containers and associated tooling (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- An active interest in exploring new technologies, and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new languages, principles and tools
- Experience throughout the software lifecycle, including clean code principles such as BDD or TDD and CI/CD
It would be great if you had some of the following, but don’t let it put you off applying if you don’t:
- Demonstrable knowledge of Terraform and Helm
- Experience with NodeJSA working knowledge of microservice architectures
- An understanding of DDD Please note that while this role is remote, occasional travel may be required.
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to work with a fantastic team (if we say so ourselves)
- Remote, flexible and hybrid working patterns backed up by our “Work when and where you want” policy (check it out on our careers site)
- Three UK offices (in Chester, London and Worcester) providing collaborative and welcoming environments, plus offices worldwide
- A vibrant company culture
- A competitive company benefit scheme
To find out more:
Click here to see more about what’s important to us, including our Work When and Where You Want policy, our commitment to ESG, I&D and much more.
To chat to the Talent Attraction team and find out more about our benefits, drop an email to [email protected] and we’ll be in touch!
Make [email protected] work for you.Diversity & Inclusivity:
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.