GBG is the leading expert in global digital identity. We combine our powerful technology, the most accurate data coverage and our talented team to deliver award-winning location intelligence, identity verification and fraud prevention solutions.
With over 30 years’ experience, we bring together a team of over 1,250 dedicated experts with local industry insight from around the world to make it easy for businesses to identify and verify customers and locations, protecting everyone, everywhere from fraud.
Why you should be@GBG
(with the 93% of our team members that recommend us as a great place to work)
We make the world a safer place
We trust each other and win together
We are local experts in a global business
We want you to be yourself
We grow when you grow
The GBG Legal Team plays a vital role in the success GBG’s global identity data intelligence business. As a team, our aim is to adopt a market leading customer centric stance – both to our external clients and internal colleagues. We’ve been recognised for the contribution we make and for our initiatives to streamline processes and to provide commercial legal support to this fast paced and innovative organisation.
You will work closely with the Group Head of Legal and other Principal Legal Counsel as part of the Group’s senior in-house legal function. You will have responsibility for the day-to-day management and support of legal team members and for ensuring that GBG Legal is able to provide advice and support services to the business across a wide range of commercial and litigation matters.
The role will involve direct exposure and interaction with the Group’s Executive Team on a range of high profile and business critical operations.
What you will do
- Leading, coaching, and supervising junior team members to enable them to achieve their personal and professional goals
- Prioritising workloads and communicating with commercial colleagues
- Providing legal advice and guidance to go-to-market teams and GBG stakeholders in relation to complex commercial matters
- Anticipating and managing legal risk, including monitoring changes in relevant legislation and taking appropriate action
- Liaising with external counsel and managing costs budgets where required
- Collaborating with a broad range of other internal and external contacts
- A qualified lawyer with commercial contracts experience. You should be familiar with English Law although experience of other legal jurisdictions may also be beneficial
- Experience managing or leading a legal team. Previous in-house experience is desirable, although this role could also be suitable for a lawyer with a private practice background moving in-house
- Due to the type of work, the successful candidate should be confident advising and supporting on technology and data contracts
We have a vision to have the best and most engaged team members in the industry. People matter at GBG, they make us who we are. Every team member across all our locations makes a difference, everyone has something to contribute. Maybe you too could make a difference.
As part of our commitment to our team and flexible working approach, we have created a Work When and Where You Want Policy to give our team members choice and empowerment, and to support a balance in work and home life. Please ask your Talent Attraction Specialist for more information on this and our Family Friendly policy if you want to find out more!
If you’re interested, please apply! We’re looking to hire the best and most engaged people into our business and we’ll make an offer once we’ve found that person.Diversity & Inclusivity:
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please inform your GBG Talent Attraction Specialist if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.