At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris, Melbourne and New York.
As a Strategy & Operations Lead, you will report to the Chief of Staff – International, working closely with the CRO, MD International and other members of the International Groups leadership team to drive some of the Groups most critical decisions and deliver strategic and operational initiatives in a fast and pragmatic way.
A key focus will be to support the Groups leadership team to decide on & execute the most important strategic projects to deliver our mission & vision, alongside ensuring we bring each GeeCee along the journey with us.
High-level responsibilities of the Chief of Staff’s team include:
- Working with CRO & Head of Commercial Strategy to define the vision & long-term strategy of the Group
- Working with the Group leadership team to define the yearly strategy (and ‘quarterbacking’ the end-to-end process including defining the roadmap & KPIs)
- Maintaining the integrity of the Group to deliver the defined strategy in line with the agreed KPIs
- Working on a range of other strategic pieces that are important to the CRO (e.g. budget setting, organisational planning, incremental investment business cases, reporting etc)
Day-to-day activities are often undefined, but will include:
- Supporting the resolution of specific standalone strategic problems that require framing & coordination across functions, including driving analysis and creating presentations
- Perform fundamental (big picture) research into International markets, develop business cases to inform strategic planning/ budgeting
- Help craft comms to enable CxO/ stakeholder buy-in around our strategies alongside sharing the outcomes with the wider Group
- Conduct ad-hoc research and analysis for day-to-day decision-making as we implement our strategies (gaining insights from data)
- Project management across cross-functional stakeholders, involving delivery of strategic initiatives and reporting back to leadership
- Live projects include i.) Defining our GTM strategy per market, ii.) Developing a new long-term financial plan to substantiate the validity of our strategy, iii.) developing and owning the framework of cadences (online & offline) to ensure the smooth running of the Group.
What we are looking for
- Demonstrable relevant strategy & operations experience (for example, as part of a top-tier consulting firm, investment bank, or high growth start/scale-up – a blend of 2 beneficial)
- Structured thinker, with experience developing frameworks to tackle abstract and ambiguous problems
- Strong analytical proficiency – turning data into insights
- Ability to communicate clearly & confidently with senior stakeholders (verbal & written)
- Proven ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Highly motivated self-starter comfortable dealing with uncertainty
- Outstanding track record of professional and academic achievement
- Strong team player with a bias for getting things done
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.
- (some of) The good stuff
Wellbeing – stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme – you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working – allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity – all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave – to suit everyone embarking on life’s great adventure
- Learning Budget – lead your own development with an annual learning budget
- Time off – generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We’re an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it’s essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2022;
Female Employees - 46%
Ethnic background - 32%
Identify as LGBTQIA - 10%
Neurodivergent - 9%
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
If you want to learn more, you can read about our Employee Resource Groups and objectives here as well as our latest D&I Report
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.