At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris, Melbourne and New York.
The customer team at GoCardless is responsible for helping our customers achieve GoCardless’ purpose of “setting people and businesses free from the frustrations and cost of out-dated payment methods.” We work directly with our top, strategic customer segments from pre-sale to implementation and value achievement through to renewal and growth.
You will be leading the team responsible for the successful implementation and adoption of GoCardless by newly signed strategic customers looking to take payments via Bank Debit across the globe utilizing our global payments network.
What excites you
As Team Lead for the customer organisation in Continental Europe you will:
- Lead and mentor a team of Customer Success Managers and Implementation Manager(s) responsible for the successful implementation, value achievement and renewal of GoCardless customers.
- Onboard new team members in coordination with Implementation and CSM Functional Managers.
- Equip and hold the team accountable to deliver against KPIs (Time to Live, Transaction Volume
- Utilization, Customer Value Achievement, Net Retention).
- Establish processes and playbooks and iterate to continuously improve on efficiencies as well as customer experience.
- Work cross-functionally with teams like Revenue Operations in addition to fellow CSM and
- Implementation team managers to streamline tools and processes where applicable and share learnings and best practices.
- Review at risk projects and customers and help team members get them unstuck.
- Help deliver projects to support the team at busy times.
What excites us
- Experience with project management and technology implementation
- Experience with Customer Success Management
- Fluency in French and English required. Additional languages a plus (particularly Spanish, Portuguese, German).
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills: you will need to quickly understand customer needs or issues and deliver a clear and concise response via video calls, emails, in person meetings
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You’re known for being a good collaborator and can motivate or maintain enthusiasm of your team members
- Management experience and/or Finance/Payments industry experience are a plus
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing – stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme – you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working – allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity – all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave – to suit everyone embarking on life’s great adventure
- Learning Budget – lead your own development with an annual learning budget
- Time off – generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We’re an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it’s essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.Diversity & Inclusivity:
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2022;
Female Employees - 46%
Ethnic background - 32%
Identify as LGBTQIA - 10%
Neurodivergent - 9%
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
If you want to learn more, you can read about our Employee Resource Groups and objectives here as well as our latest D&I Report
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.