We’re here to make money work for everyone and we’re doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We’re focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people’s lives through Monzo.
About our Data Science Team:
We’re looking for a Senior Product Data Scientist excited to help build the bank of the future. You’ll have the opportunity to super charge our user engagement in 2023 and help us to build a bank that customers truly love.
At Monzo, we’re building a bank that is fair, transparent and a delight to use. We’re growing extremely fast and have over four and half million customers in the UK, with over 100,000 new people joining every month. We’ve built a product that people love and more than 80% of our growth comes from word of mouth and referrals.
Enable Monzo to Make Better Decisions, Faster
We have a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the whole company. And we’re great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. All our data lives in one place and is super easy to use. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data scientists the head space to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses.
What you’ll be working on
We work in cross-functional squads where every data scientist is a member of a central data discipline and fully embedded into 1 product squad alongside engineers, designers, marketers, product managers etc.
- Applying your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our products and how those insights can inform our product strategy
- Guide and enable product teams to measure things that matter; initiate or help run A/B experiments to keep improving everything we do
- Drive together with the finance team a unified company-wide understanding of the lifetime value of our users and how different product features are impacting user profitability
- Liaise with engineers to keep making sure we collect the right data to produce relevant business insights
You should apply if:
What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You’re impact driven and eager to have a real positive impact on the company, product, users and very importantly your colleagues as well
- You’re commercially minded and can put numbers into business perspective
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically
- You have a self-starter mindset; you proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so
- You’re a team player whom your colleagues can rely on
- You have solid grounding in SQL and preferably Python
- You have experience in conducting large scale A/B experiments
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves three main stages:
- Initial Call
- Take home task or pair coding exercise
- Final interview including a system design and a behavioural interview
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability.
You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you
do have any specific questions or want to talk through reasonable adjustments ahead of or during application please us at any point on [email protected]
What’s in it for you:
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we’re open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we’ll make this happen whenever we can – whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.Diversity & Inclusivity:
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.