As our Head of Product Engineering you will be the engineering owner of a domain, responsible for the architecture, standards, driving our technical direction and being the driving force behind delivery. You will be hands on and technically focussed on making sure our product improves from a business and technical perspective. Expect working with cross functional teams, cooperating with Head of Product/multiple product owners, driving design reviews, and everything else to push our engineering function further. We are looking for a person comfortable working with highly available, always on systems, applying changes in a backwards compatible fashion, without downtimes, while guaranteeing consistency and reliability, always with the customer in mind!
• Strong experience with JVM languages (Java).
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Strong understanding of relational databases.
• Experience with event driven architecture, DDD and CQRS.
• Experience in working with multiple teams concurrently.
• Experience with high availability systems.
• Strong understanding of system reliability and stability patterns.
• Experience within a product focussed environment.
• Experience designing and building mission critical systems.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer science or a related field. (Mathematics, Physics, etc)
Nice to haves:
• Experience with Kotlin and Scala.
• Experience leading a large, high achieving engineering function.
• Experience within Finance.
• Experience within a start-up or scale-up.
Diversity & Inclusivity:
We believe that any success at Revolut comes from two things: our people and our culture. We believe that brilliant people operating in a great culture will produce the best outcome. Our culture is our DNA, it defines who we are, how we operate, and how we handle disagreements with each other. We operate, hire, develop, and promote people based on the values below.
To apply for this job please visit www.revolut.com.