About The Role
As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will help your team to make impactful contributions for the company and our clients. You will work on client projects to provide infrastructure, IT operations, security advice and leadership to support our teams in the delivery of mission-critical, deep technical solutions across the enterprise. As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will promote the highest quality engineering practices, and take a lead role designing and delivering innovative infrastructure focused technical solutions to bring about business change and faster time to value realisation.
TPXimpact is creating a ground-breaking technology consulting business, to deliver world-class engineering solutions for our clients. We aim to achieve this through our focus on technical quality and properly implemented Agile methodologies. We have gained excellent traction and are working with prestigious, progressive organisations to drive their digital transformations.
By joining us, you would shape and create the practices that you want to work with. You would work alongside people who share an enthusiasm for technology, for an organisation that values technical quality at every layer, and one that will take an active role in training and improving your skill set.
This role can be based anywhere in the UK. We encourage you to work where you feel most effective. That may be at home, from one of our office hubs or a combination of both. The choice is yours. However you choose to work, you need to be comfortable working with your colleagues remotely, as even if you choose to work in a hub, you will probably be working with people based elsewhere. Some travel to client sites may also be expected for this role. This would be for ceremonies such as kick-off meetings, rather than on a regular basis.
- Help our clients modernise their architecture and core technologies
- Consult on good engineering practices, quality standards and principles
- Take a lead technical role with our teams to guide the delivery of new architecture solutions, platforms, infrastructure, and products
- Build full-stack automated quality – IaC, deployment, security, and monitoring
- Employ security by design and bake this into DevOps processes (DevSecOps)
- Stay up-to-date with new technologies, languages, and frameworks
- Coach and support other engineers to adopt quality and security focused engineering standards
- Contribute to building on our engineering expertise and the ongoing development of our culture and communities of practice
More than any specific list of skills or qualifications, we want engineers who love technology and contribute their knowledge to drive through the entire development lifecycle. We want people who bring something unique, in technical knowledge, experience or mindset. If you think that’s you, regardless of how well you think you match the list below, please apply for this role.
- Software development experience in a modern language
- Good cloud experience with a major cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Knowledge of cloud monitoring and alerting services and capabilities
- Experience in designing fault-tolerant services
- Ability to solve complex technical problems
- Good computer network knowledge (routing/routed protocols)
- Enthusiasm to help drive the creation of a truly empowering engineering culture at TPXimpact
- Industry vendor certifications are desired (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP or CNCF/Kubernetes certifications); although not essential if you have demonstrable ability
- Experience of mentorship or coaching your peers
- Experience supporting career & knowledge development for engineers early in their career
Why work at TPXimpact
- The opportunity to achieve impact in the public sector through your work
- Flexible working to help you function at your best
- We’re collaborative, and will readily give our time to help your development and invest in your training
- Everyone has a voice – inclusivity and respect are key to our culture
- A focus on wellbeing with access to a range of wellness activities and an annual Fitness challenges
- An inclusive workplace with active advocacy networks for women, LGBTQI employees and people from ethnic minorities
Some of the benefits include:
- 30 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- 2 charity volunteer days for causes that you are passionate about
- Working from home allowance
- Maternity/Paternity – 6months Maternity Leave, 3 months Paternity Leave
- Life Assurance
- Employer Pension Contribution of 5%
- Health Cash Plan
- Personal Learning & Development budget
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to equity in the business through a Share Incentive Plan
- Green incentive programmes including Electric Vehicle Leasing and the Cycle to Work Scheme
- Dental insurance
- Financial advice
- Health assessments
About TPXimpact – Consultancy
TPXimpact transforms the organisations, services and systems that underpin society. We’re here to deliver ambitious and sustainable digital outcomes that improve how individuals and society experience the world.
TPXimpact started with the idea that business could be done differently. That, organisations should make a positive difference to people’s lives and be a force for good in the world.
We drive fundamental change in approaches to product and service development, delivery and technology. Our agile, multidisciplinary teams use technology, design and data to deliver better results, improving outcomes for individuals, organisations and communities.
By working in the open in partnership with our clients, we not only transform their systems and services but also build the capability of their teams, so work can continue without us in the longer term. Our focus is sustainable change, always delivered with positive impact.Diversity & Inclusivity:
We’re an inclusive employer, and we care about diversity in our teams. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements during the interview.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tpximpact.com.