Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
From the moment you wake up in the morning until you go to bed at night consider the media you consume, the adverts you see, the apps you use, the websites you browse and almost all of the shopping you do online throughout the day. Chances are that every single one of those interactions, every single one of those experiences, was touched by an Adobe product.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Big Data Software Development Engineer to join our Adobe Experience Platform team based in Bucharest.
Adobe Experience Platform is the Adobe solution that helps customers to centralize and standardize their customer data and content across the enterprise powering 360-degree customer profiles, enabling data science and data governance to drive real-time personalized experiences. With Experience Platform, enterprises will be able to use completely coordinated marketing and analytics solutions for driving relevant customer interactions.
Our engineering team is responsible for building the Adobe Experience Platform. We help thousands of customers collect, handle and synthesize petabytes of data with high fidelity and velocity. We help them make sense of that data, glean insights and run algorithms, so they can deliver delightful experiences in real-time, every time.
This position is for a key contributor who will be a part in developing modern data architectures, developing Big Data and Lakehouse solutions, and implementing those solutions through to production.
What you’ll do:
- Create the future Adobe products by building and maintaining complex features in a large-scale, multi-cloud microservices SaaS product
- Own the outcome by taking the initiative and ownership for the application design efforts while always optimizing for quality, scalability and performance
- Raise the bar by focusing on continuously innovating and seeking novel methods for addressing complex technical distributed system challenges in a big data environment
- Be genuine, serve as a mentor, foster a collaborative environment and encourage and guide team members by being honest and direct
- Work with and across teams and domains to collaborate
- Act with clarity and precision, ensuring projects are driven with a strong sense of ownership and direction
What you need to succeed
- Computer Science degree and / or 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent understanding of OOP, Functional Programming, Typed Languages
- Experience using data intensive processing frameworks (Spark, Flink, Kafka Streaming)
- Proven ability to research and become proficient in new technologies
- Experience with cloud services platforms (AWS and/or Azure)
- Demonstrated knowledge building, delivering and operating a high quality SaaS solution: testing, CI/CD, monitoring, infrastructure as code
- Experience with NoSql technologies (e.g. Kafka, Cassandra, HBase) will be considered a plus
- A sharp eye for security related issues and performance bottlenecks
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
As our many awards will tell you, at Adobe you’ll be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized around the world. You’ll be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely. If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe’s the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog, https://blog.adobe.com/en/topics/adobe-life and explore the fantastic benefits we offer at Rewards.adobe.com.Diversity & Inclusivity:
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We hire talented individuals, regardless of gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We know that when our employees feel appreciated and included, they can be more creative, innovative and successful. This is what it means to be Adobe For All.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
Adobe is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Adobe aims to make Adobe.com accessible to any and all users. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to navigate our website or complete the application process, email [email protected] or call (408) 536-3015.
To apply for this job please visit careers.adobe.com.