Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
From the moment you wake up in the morning until you go to bed at night consider the media you consume, the adverts you see, the apps you use, the websites you browse and almost all of the shopping you do online throughout the day. Chances are that every single one of those interactions, every single one of those experiences, was touched by an Adobe product.
Do you believe in the positive influence government can have on society? If you enjoy being a part of a distributed team working to improve government processes and engagement with citizens, and if you derive job happiness from helping others achieve their goals, building an extensive network of contacts, and advocating for a cause this may be the job for you!
Adobe is looking for a leader to join our Global Government Relations and Public Policy team to drive our work in the UK, Ireland (UK/I) and the EU. The team provides a very dynamic and enjoyable work environment with terrific opportunities to work directly with government entities, develop policy positions and support Adobe’s business. This role will entail working with senior leaders, providing counsel and developing engagement plans for them as appropriate. The position will report to the EMEA Director for Policy and Government Relations based in Germany.
What you’ll do:
- Development, coordination, and implementation of a successful government relations engagement strategy, including engagement planning for senior leaders.
- Handle resources to accomplish the goals of the organization including outside consultants and trade associations.
- Work autonomously and engage with senior leadership to drive impact.
- Ensure Adobe is well positioned and follows all relevant regulations and requirements.
- Develop and advocate for external policy positions which improve Adobe’s position in the marketplace.
- Develop monitoring and reporting processes to ensure policies and issues that impact Adobe are flagged and mitigated where possible.
- Accountability for driving successful results and maintaining high levels of internal and external partner satisfaction.
- Assist Adobe’s local teams based in the UK and several European countries in all aspects of their work.
- Build on and deepen relationships with policy experts, internal teams, trade association personnel, and government decision-makers.
- Lead Adobe’s Government Relations involvement in public sector sales/procurement activities in UK/I.
- Advocate for procurement and digital government policies that improve the customer experience and the digital service delivery provided by government.
- Advocate for policy changes that are good for our employees, customers, and business generally.
What you’ll need to succeed:
We are looking for an innovative and well-connected government relations professional, who is a strong self-starter. A successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of digital policies in UK/I and at EU level as well as of technology procurement policy processes. This role requires excellent communication and relationship building skills, high energy, and a curiosity about technology policies, government IT modernization and the customer experience space.
We’d love to see:
- Significant relevant experience within a related role(s)
- Extensive, first-hand knowledge of government policies and processes in UK/I and ideally at EU level
- Experience in successful government engagement
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral); social skills and analytical/problems solving skills
- High command of English and preferably another European language
- Ability to lead and drive teams towards success
- Ability to think and act both strategically and creatively
- Strong self-starter who is an extraordinary teammate and excels at developing and implementing a successful work plan but is comfortable working autonomously
- Ability to work with senior leaders and build consensus and collaboration internally
- Ability to take complicated technical concepts and translate in a compelling and succinct manner for political outreach
- Direct knowledge of political structures and functions
- Sound understanding of how to appropriately participate in the political and external policy development bodies and parties
- Commitment to quick results with vision to see how long-term strategies need to unfold
- Passionate about government service and the role of government in society
- Strong desire to improve government and make a difference for good
- Ability to and curiosity about growing and adapting as Adobe’s business accelerates
- Strong desire for success
As our many awards will tell you, at Adobe you’ll be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized around the world. You’ll be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely. If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe’s the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog, https://blog.adobe.com/en/topics/adobe-life and explore the fantastic benefits we offer at Rewards.adobe.com.
Adobe values a free and open marketplace for all employees and has policies in place to ensure that we do not enter into illegal agreements with other companies to not recruit or hire each other’s employees.Diversity & Inclusivity:
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
Adobe is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. Learn more.
Adobe aims to make Adobe.com accessible to any and all users. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to navigate our website or complete the application process, email [email protected] or call (408) 536-3015.
To apply for this job please visit careers.adobe.com.