Unlock the power of your products!
Amplitude is a leading digital analytics platform that helps companies unlock the power of their products. Almost 2,000 customers, including Atlassian, Jersey Mike’s, NBCUniversal, Shopify, and Under Armour, rely on Amplitude to gain self-service visibility into the entire customer journey. Amplitude guides companies every step of the way as they capture data they can trust, uncover clear insights about customer behavior, and take faster action. When teams understand how people are using their products, they can deliver better product experiences that drive growth. As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Amplitude’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Amplitude also believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, improves the ability to solve complex problems, and drives more powerful solutions. We strive to create an environment of inclusion–one focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection,–that will allow employees of all backgrounds to thrive.
About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: “Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth?” We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
As a Technical Writer, you’ll become an Amplitude specialist and use your deep customer empathy – and relationships with teams across the company – for crafting useful content for our community of developers both inside and outside the company. Our documentation is essential to the developer experience, and we care deeply about usability and efficiency. We’re seeking someone with a strong technical foundation, astute writing ability, user empathy, and a sense of curiosity to understand the product.
As a Technical Writer, you will:
- Develop and drive the overall developer documentation strategy at Amplitude
- Lead documentation programs and initiatives for Amplitude’s developer center – owning content creation and driving standards and guidelines for Engineering
- Produce technically accurate, well-written, and organized documentation – conducting regular technical reviews to ensure quality and accuracy and writing for our technical users
- Build code samples to contextualize API calls for end-user usage
- Research new and sophisticated product features and dig into source code to collect technical details for documentation as needed
- Incorporate industry best practices to make Amplitude’s documentation best-in-class
- You will be based in the Product Operations team and partner with our Help Center Program Manager, Engineering, Product, Partnerships, and Professional Services teams to build the overall system and user documentation for the Amplitude platform, product features, and APIs
You’ll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- 6+ years of technical writing experience in the software industry
- If you’ve led a developer documentation function in the past
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey highly technical concepts clearly and precisely
- Experience organizing technical documentation, making it accessible to end-users
- Familiarity with APIs, distributed systems and modern cloud infrastructure
- Independent with the ability to prioritize, multitask and own projects from end-to-end
- You are at ease doing high-level strategic work as well as in the weeds documentation writing
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
The Product: Amplitude is a digital analytics platform—we help companies capture data they can trust, uncover clear insights about customer behavior, and take faster action. This empowers teams to build better product experiences that drive business growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to expand: a platform that empowers companies to thrive in the digital era.
We care about the well-being of our team: We offer competitive pay and benefits packages that reflect our commitment to the health and wellbeing of our Ampliteers.
Some of our benefit programs include:
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision insurance coverages, with 100% employer-paid premiums for employee Medical, Dental, Vision on select plans
- Flexible time off, paid holidays, and more
- Generous stipends to spend on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness (monthly), learning and development (annual), commuter transit/parking (monthly), home office equipment (annual), and much more
- Excellent Parental benefits including: 12-20 weeks of Paid Parental Leave, Carrot Fertility
- Benefits/Adoption/Surrogacy support, Back-up Child Care support
- Mental health and wellness benefits including no cost employee access to Modern Health coaching & therapy Sessions and high quality physician office experience via One Medical membership (select U.S. locations only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- G2: #1 product analytics solution and #3 best software product according to the 2022 G2 Best Software report.
- Business Insider: A top tech company to bet your career on.
- Fast Company: #3 most innovative enterprise company in the world.
- Amplitude went public via a direct listing in September 2021 and is now trading under the ticker AMPL.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We’re a global and fast-growing team! We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Vancouver, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Singapore, and employees around the world.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
This role is eligible for equity, benefits and other forms of compensation.
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in Colorado. Colorado range: $129,600 – $194,400 base salary inclusive of guaranteed bonus.
Based on legislation in New York City, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in New York City. New York City salary range: $144,000 – $216,000 base salary inclusive of guaranteed bonus.
Based on legislation in California, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in San Francisco Bay Area of California. Salary range: $144,000 – $216,000 base salary inclusive of guaranteed bonus.
Based on legislation in California, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in California outside of the San Francisco Bay Area. California salary range: $129,600 – $194,400 base salary inclusive of guaranteed bonus.
Based on legislation in Washington state, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in Washington state. Washington salary range: $129,600 – $194,400 base salary inclusive of guaranteed bonus.
Based on legislation in Washington state, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in Washington only: unlimited PTO, 10 to 13 holidays annually (will vary), medical dental and vision PPO and CDHP plans. Finally, a company sponsored 401(k) retirement plan.Diversity & Inclusivity:
Amplitude’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.