#WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to the customer to join us in shaping the future of cybersecurity. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters – one team, one fight.
About the Role:
The CrowdStrike Intelligence team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work on our dedicated engineering team, building processing pipelines, information storage systems and presentation layers in support of our world-class team of analysts and researchers.
The collection, processing, and exploration of information at a large scale is at the core of the Intelligence mission at CrowdStrike. The Intelligence Automation team is responsible for prototyping, building and operating the systems that make up our Intelligence pipeline, and we’d like you to join us!
You will use your deep experience in scalable, distributed architectures to design flexible data integration and processing systems in a fast-paced Intelligence environment. In this environment, requirements sometimes shift rapidly, and projects can live anything from weeks to years depending on changes in the surrounding ecosystem. You will be responsible for all aspects of the software you design, from initial design, over hands-on prototyping, overseeing and taking an active part in the actual implementation, down to deployment to production, and ensuring smooth operations. In addition, you will be responsible for proper documentation and training of customers of the systems you design. You will interact regularly with your internal customers to gather requirements, solicit feedback, and validate your results. We are agnostic when it comes to technology stacks, and you will be free to pick the technologies and tools that best fit the purpose at any given time, based on your previous exposure to a wide variety of technologies such as programming languages, database systems, network protocols, queuing and messaging systems, etc.
As a remote employee on a team distributed across various time zones, you will not have direct access to all of your co-workers at every point of time, so the ability to work unsupervised, communicate asynchronously, and take the initiative in maintaining lines of communication is important. In addition, we are looking for someone who would like to be part of a team who are passionate about their work and go the extra mile to exceed expectations. We love enthusiastic individuals who bring a positive attitude to their work and really care about what they produce for our internal customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Integrate into the Intelligence team and gather requirements from Intelligence Analysts and Technical Analysts as internal customers
- Assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of both, new and legacy systems
- Autonomously develop requirements based on anything from vague mission statements to very detailed technical specifications
- Develop systems and autonomously make choices about implementation details, as well as the right balance between rapid development, scalability, and performance
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent academic/work experience
- Demonstrated, multi-year experience in software engineering
- Experience in developing scalable, distributed services
- Intimate familiarity with Linux and containers
- Proficiency in hands-on coding in multiple programming languages
- Ability to maintain and improve existing Go and Python code bases
- Experience developing production-grade software
- Knowledge of SQL and No-SQL database systems
- Knowledge of cloud technologies
- Ability to communicate technical detail in a simple, top-down manner to management, customers, and peers
- Ability to independently make sound, justifiable decisions and take action
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work independently and meet deadline
- Ability to work on a geographically distributed and diverse team
- Familiarity with the AWS or GCP cloud ecosystem (e.g. EC2, S3, VPC, ECS)
- Experience developing Web UIs, e.g. Single-Page-Applications (SPA)
- Experience creating scalable and well-documented HTTP APIs
- Experience with malware analysis or software reverse engineering
- Offensive information security experience, e.g. from capture-the-flag (CTF) competitions
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards with option to participate in ESPP in eligible countries
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Access to CrowdStrike University, LinkedIn Learning and Jhanna
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
- Birthday time-off in your local country
- Work with people who are passionate in our mission and Great Place to Work certified across the globe
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation - generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact [email protected], for further assistance.
To apply for this job please visit crowdstrike.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.