About the job
QA Engineer (Cheltenham)
If you’re reading this, we are excited for you. You’ve landed on the job description for a company that will obsesses over your wellbeing with unrivalled work life balance, your career development providing transparent career paths and learning support for every single person, and knows that you are unique and will celebrate that. If you are passionate about what you do, and want a career in one of the most exciting yet stable industries, read on…
Egress Software Technologies are a leading Cyber Security company providing global solutions to protect against human activated risk. By aggregating data to derive intelligence, Egress is the only company able to predict future threats and prevent attacks or breaches – before they happen.
Egress is proud to support thousands of Enterprise customers across a range of sectors including Financial Services, Legal, Healthcare, and Government organizations. By protecting millions of employees around the world from advanced threats, businesses can safely achieve their mission without unnecessary risk.
At the forefront of the IT Cyber Security industry, Egress can provide an unrivalled career path in Quality Assurance
Egress Defend is an industry leading SaaS anti-phishing solution designed from the ground up to detect deception in emails. As a QA Engineer your challenges will involve building robust test automation frameworks, identifying bugs & defects, and becoming a domain expert. When working on Defend you will get experience in all areas of the service including design, engineering, architecture, and efficacy.
We are looking for a driven QA Engineer with a passion for quality and testing, who is customer-focused and keen to ensure Defend is the best anti-phishing product for its customers. You will be working in a collaborative, fast paced team where every member can significantly influence and shape the product.
We are also looking for someone who can:
- Build upon existing test automation frameworks.
- Create new test automation frameworks with necessary assistance.
- Define scenarios using Gherkin and apply them using Cucumber.
- Formulate test plans and execute manual tests.
- Conduct exploratory testing and facilitate swarm testing.
- Identify bugs and defects – working with engineers to ensure resolution.
- Contribute to scoping, refinement and 3Amigos – advising on QA practices and process.
- Ensuring current QA policies are followed, revising existing policies, and creating new ones.
- Helping the engineers to coordinate deployments and releases.
- Work in a hybrid environment and can commute to Cheltenham for collaboration.
As a member of the QA team, you will be expected to be able to work both independently and as part of a team and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Being a highly motivated individual who enjoys working in a challenging and rewarding environment, you will be a problem solver, a quick learner, have a passion for technology and be confident communicating with a wide range of people from juniors to senior executives.
- You are passionate about using automation, in all regards, to deliver value faster.
- You are someone who can look at the system as a whole and think holistically about quality and testing.
- You can embrace a DevOps culture.
- You have C# .NET (preferred) or any strongly typed object-orientated programming language.
- You have experience with SpecFlow or Cucumber for Behaviour Driven Development.
- You have experience with Playwright or Selenium.
We’d also appreciate
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services.
- Familiarity with MongoDB or other document databases.
- Performance/Load testing.
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
- 25 days annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
- Free breakfasts
- Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
- Pension scheme
- BUPA Private Health Cover
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock options scheme
- Cycle to work discount scheme
- Regular Charity events & fundraisers
- Annually funded company kick off event
- Regular Pool leagues on our office tables
- Management/Peer recognition programmes with rewards (Including an annual company holiday incentive)
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Owning it, Being Bold, Doing the right thing and Being a bar-raiser run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company and haven’t let a global pandemic stop us from continuing to enjoy the place we work even if is more of a virtual experience at times. The atmosphere across the business is friendly and supportive, with a constant desire to improve in everything we do! We are now back to running our monthly paid for social activities as our offices continue to get busier! For those who are working remotely, we can’t promise the coffee you have in your kitchen will be as good as the free ones we have in the offices but the people you share it with will be just as warm and welcoming.
Privacy and Your Data
Any job offer that we may make to you will be subject to you successfully passing background checks.Diversity & Inclusivity:
Here at Egress we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our workforce has consistently sat above the national average for both BAME and Female representation, but we recognise that we can always do more. Every job description is subject to scrutiny through a gender bias decoder ensuring our roles are as inclusive and attractive as possible. Our culture is one that aims to nurture a welcoming and safe working environment for everyone with initiatives such as our Diversity & Belonging forum, dedicated mental health first aider network and regular awareness seminars all contributing to a great place to work whoever you are.
Find out more here - https://www.egress.com/en-us/environment-social-governance/diversity
To apply for this job please visit www.egress.com.