About the job
The bid function was established in Egress four years ago by the current Head of Bid Management who runs this function solo. Over the last four years, the bid function has added demonstratable value to the business when it comes to supporting the sales team winning new customer contracts and assisting the account management function with renewal activities across our existing customer base.
Support via this function is provided in various ways through the sales cycle, whether that be completing onboarding documentation, security due diligence requests, proposal content, management of bids or securing customer renewals in both the private and public sector. As the sales team has grown globally, the bid function is now at a point to grow in order to provide further support to the team.
You will be reporting directly into the Head of Bid Management. This function is part of the wider Customer Experience Team within Egress.
The Bid Coordinator will work alongside the Head of Bid Management. Activities will include but not be limited to:
- Updating bid/RFI collateral for reuse in responses.
- Seeking support from the wider organisation where required to ensure bid/RFI information stays updated and accurate within the bid repository.
- Ensuring bid process documentation is kept up to date and is communicated across the sales function where required. This could be in sales meetings/sales inductions.
- Working closely with associated departments or individuals to complete RFI requests in relation to deadlines set by the customer. RFI requests come in various formats e.g. word documents, excel spreadsheets or third-party portals.
- Assisting the Head of Bid Management in compiling bids and associated tasks such as reviewing tender documents, arranging bid meetings, attending bid planning sessions, collating bid responses, reviewing and re-writing of bid content, submitting bids.
- Collating reporting stats via Salesforce for board review meetings.
- Be able to manage all bid activities when the Head of Bid Management is away.
- Preferably from a sales support background or with previous coordinator experience.
- Exposure of working with sales teams would be beneficial.
- Is interested in progressing into a Bid Management role in the future.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Can lead meetings that include individuals from sales to C-Level.
- Able to drive tasks through to completion quite often in short turnaround times.
- Someone who can think on their feet and take initiative.
- Process and detail orientated.
- Proactive and flexible, with the ability to work independently where required.
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
- 25 days annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
- Free breakfasts
- Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
- Pension scheme
- BUPA Private Health Cover
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock options scheme
- Cycle to work discount scheme
- Regular Charity events & fundraisers
- Annually funded company kick off event
- Regular Pool leagues on our office tables
- Management/Peer recognition programmes with rewards (Including an annual company holiday incentive)
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Owning it, Being Bold, Doing the right thing and Being a bar-raiser run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company and haven’t let a global pandemic stop us from continuing to enjoy the place we work even if is more of a virtual experience at times. The atmosphere across the business is friendly and supportive, with a constant desire to improve in everything we do! We are now back to running our monthly paid for social activities as our offices continue to get busier! For those who are working remotely, we can’t promise the coffee you have in your kitchen will be as good as the free ones we have in the offices but the people you share it with will be just as warm and welcoming.
Privacy and Your Data
Any job offer that we may make to you will be subject to you successfully passing background checks.Diversity & Inclusivity:
Here at Egress we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our workforce has consistently sat above the national average for both BAME and Female representation, but we recognise that we can always do more. Every job description is subject to scrutiny through a gender bias decoder ensuring our roles are as inclusive and attractive as possible. Our culture is one that aims to nurture a welcoming and safe working environment for everyone with initiatives such as our Diversity & Belonging forum, dedicated mental health first aider network and regular awareness seminars all contributing to a great place to work whoever you are.
Find out more here - https://www.egress.com/en-us/environment-social-governance/diversity
To apply for this job please visit www.egress.careers.