Payroll Specialist (12 month contract).
If you’re reading this, we are excited for you. You’ve landed on the job description for a company that will obsesses over your wellbeing with unrivalled work life balance, your career development providing transparent career paths and learning support for every single person, and knows that you are unique and will celebrate that. If you are passionate about what you do, and want a career in one of the most exciting yet stable industries, read on…
Egress Software Technologies are a leading Cyber Security company providing global solutions to protect against human activated risk. By aggregating data to derive intelligence, Egress is the only company able to predict future threats and prevent attacks or breaches – before they happen.
Egress is proud to support thousands of Enterprise customers across a range of sectors including Financial Services, Legal, Healthcare, and Government organizations. By protecting millions of employees around the world from advanced threats, businesses can safely achieve their mission without unnecessary risk.
Egress is seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist to own the multi-national payroll process for our rapidly growing, vibrant technology business. This role reports into the VP Finance, sitting within the finance function and working very closely with the People Team.
As the Payroll Specialist your role will be crucial to deliver an effective payroll function serving approximately 300 employees across the UK, USA, Canada and Australia, leading and managing all aspects of the payroll process.
You will be running the payroll from start to finish where you will be trusted with the autonomy to deal with any changes and queries that come about. Consequently we are looking for someone who is highly organised, bright and self-motivated who, in addition to relevant experience, is highly competent using Excel and is proactive in resolving issues and researching new areas of payroll.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated Payroll professional to jump in and make the role their own and develop their career by gaining new skills, knowledge and experience as the business grows.
This role offers hybrid working with office time in our top-class London HQ in the heart of the London tech district near the many great independent restaurants, bars and retailers of Shoreditch.
- Overall responsibility for meeting all payroll related legislative requirements and deadlines
- Proactively provide specialist payroll advise to the wider People Team that will help shape the overall People Strategy
- Responsible for all year end reporting – including P60s, P11D(b), PSA and other statutory requirements
- Responsible for the preparation of Gender Pay Gap Report
- Responsible for the administration and compliance of the various Company Pension Schemes
- Lead on any payroll & benefits related projects
- Maintaining timely and accurate processing for both the UK and wider global Payroll processes
- Calculating sales commissions and bonus payments
- Act as a key point of contact for the external auditors during the year end process and ensure any recommendations are implemented in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for the Reconciliation of all payroll related Balance Sheet Accounts
- Produce reports for management as well as any ad-hoc analysis regarding employee costs
- Keeping up-to-date with any changes in tax and compliance regulations that may affect the business
- Deal with and resolve all payroll queries in a timely manner
We are looking for
A payroll professional with a recognised payroll qualification (Level 5 or above would be desirable)
Someone with in-depth UK payroll knowledge, ideally gained in a professional services environment
You must have an eye for detail, investigative nature and be happy to be hands on and figure things out
Intermediate to advanced Excel skills are essential as well as experience with payroll journals and international payrolls.
- Recognised Payroll Qualification (level 5 or above)
- Sound knowledge of UK payroll legislation
- Confident with numbers and the ability to analyse and interpret data
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills including formulas, pivots and Lookups
ADP iHCM experience is desirable
- Strong organisational skills and ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work to deadlines
- Resourceful, methodical, diligent and accurate
- Experience working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, preferably in a tech company
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members and colleagues within the wider business
- Drive and determination to deliver outstanding results and identify and deliver continuous improvement as the company grows
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
- 25 days annual leave
- Free breakfasts
- Pension scheme
- BUPA Private Health Cover
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock options scheme
- Cycle to work discount scheme
- Regular Charity events & fundraisers
- Annually funded company kick off event
- Regular Pool leagues on our office tables
- Management/Peer recognition programmes with rewards (Including an annual company holiday incentive)
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Owning it, Being Bold, Doing the right thing and Being a bar-raiser run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company and haven’t let a global pandemic stop us from continuing to enjoy the place we work even if is more of a virtual experience at times. The atmosphere across the business is friendly and supportive, with a constant desire to improve in everything we do! We are now back to running our monthly paid for social activities as our offices continue to get busier! For those who are working remotely, we can’t promise the coffee you have in your kitchen will be as good as the free ones we have in the offices but the people you share it with will be just as warm and welcoming.
Privacy and Your Data
Any job offer that we may make to you will be subject to you successfully passing background checks.Diversity & Inclusivity:
Here at Egress we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our workforce has consistently sat above the national average for both BAME and Female representation, but we recognise that we can always do more. Every job description is subject to scrutiny through a gender bias decoder ensuring our roles are as inclusive and attractive as possible. Our culture is one that aims to nurture a welcoming and safe working environment for everyone with initiatives such as our Diversity & Belonging forum, dedicated mental health first aider network and regular awareness seminars all contributing to a great place to work whoever you are.
Find out more here - https://www.egress.com/en-us/environment-social-governance/diversity
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.