If you’re reading this, we are excited for you. You’ve landed on the job description for a company that will obsesses over your wellbeing with unrivalled work life balance, your career development providing transparent career paths and learning support for every single person, and knows that you are unique and will celebrate that. If you are passionate about what you do, and want a career in one of the most exciting yet stable industries, read on…
Egress Software Technologies are a leading Cyber Security company providing global solutions to protect against human activated risk. By aggregating data to derive intelligence, Egress is the only company able to predict future threats and prevent attacks or breaches – before they happen.
Egress is proud to support thousands of Enterprise customers across a range of sectors including Financial Services, Legal, Healthcare, and Government organizations. By protecting millions of employees around the world from advanced threats, businesses can safely achieve their mission without unnecessary risk.
At the forefront of the IT Cyber Security industry, Egress can provide an unrivalled career path in Data Engineering
The Data Engineering team plays a crucial role in shaping our data infrastructure, analytics and machine learning capabilities.
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable and efficient data pipelines and ETL processes using Spark, ensuring high-quality data processing and integration.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, analysts, and software engineers, to understand data requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Utilize Microsoft Azure cloud services, particularly Databricks, to build robust data solutions and optimize performance.
- Conduct data modelling, data profiling, and data quality assessments to ensure accuracy and consistency of data.
- Perform data integration, data transformation, and data governance activities to support advanced analytics and reporting needs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data-related issues, ensuring the stability and reliability of the data infrastructure.
- Implement and deploy machine learning models within the data pipelines to drive predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Assist in data exploration, feature engineering, and data pre-processing tasks for machine learning initiatives.
- Monitor and optimize machine learning workflows for performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Collaborate with data scientists to evaluate and select appropriate ML algorithms and models for specific use cases.
- Maintain documentation for data engineering and machine learning workflows, ensuring reproducibility and knowledge sharing.
- Apply expertise in database technologies to design, optimize, and manage data storage and retrieval systems.
- Implement database solutions and manage data structures to support efficient data access and retrieval.
- Ensure data security, privacy, and compliance standards are met in database design and operations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database performance issues, ensuring high availability and reliability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer.
- Strong proficiency in Apache Spark for data processing and analytics.
- Solid understanding of cloud-based data technologies, with expertise in Microsoft Azure and Databricks.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python.
- Experience with data integration tools and ETL frameworks.
- Knowledge of data modelling concepts and techniques.
- Familiarity with data governance and data quality frameworks.
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts, algorithms, and frameworks.
- Hands-on experience in implementing and deploying machine learning models.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of database technologies such as SQL, NoSQL, and relational databases.
- Experience in database design, optimization, and administration.
- Familiarity with database security, privacy, and compliance practices.
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities.
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Owning it, Being Bold, Doing the right thing and Being a bar-raiser run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company and haven’t let a global pandemic stop us from continuing to enjoy the place we work even if is more of a virtual experience at times. The atmosphere across the business is friendly and supportive, with a constant desire to improve in everything we do! We are now back to running our monthly paid for social activities as our offices continue to get busier! For those who are working remotely, we can’t promise the coffee you have in your kitchen will be as good as the free ones we have in the offices but the people you share it with will be just as warm and welcoming.Diversity & Inclusivity:
Here at Egress we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our workforce has consistently sat above the national average for both BAME and Female representation, but we recognise that we can always do more. Every job description is subject to scrutiny through a gender bias decoder ensuring our roles are as inclusive and attractive as possible. Our culture is one that aims to nurture a welcoming and safe working environment for everyone with initiatives such as our Culture Club, dedicated mental health first aider network and regular awareness seminars all contributing to a great place to work whoever you are.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.