About the job
If you’re reading this, we are excited for you. You’ve landed on the job description for a company that obsesses over your wellbeing with unrivalled work life balance, your career development providing transparent career paths and learning support for every single person, and knows that you are unique and will celebrate that. If you are passionate about what you do, and want a career in one of the most exciting yet stable industries, read on…
Egress Software Technologies are a leading Cyber Security company providing global solutions to protect against human activated risk. By aggregating data to derive intelligence, Egress is the only company able to predict future threats and prevent attacks or breaches – before they happen.
Egress is proud to support thousands of Enterprise customers across a range of sectors including Financial Services, Legal, Healthcare, and Government organizations. By protecting millions of employees around the world from advanced threats, businesses can safely achieve their mission without unnecessary risk.
At the forefront of the IT Cyber Security industry, Egress can provide an unrivalled career path in Software Engineering.
We are seeking an Engineering Manager to build and lead a team of software engineers to create new technology and products for our customers. You will partner with product and management to help build and deliver on a roadmap that meets the company goals. If you are looking for an opportunity to solve new technical problems, grow and develop a talented team, and innovate with technology in a fast-paced environment with smart, passionate engineers, keep reading!
What you will do:
- Hire, mentor and develop talented engineers. People development is a key part of the role.
- Grow and lead a high performing team of software engineers ensuring software design, development, test and deployment best practices are followed
- Be comfortable building relationships in an asynchronous, remote, distributed culture.
- Work with the team to develop a technical roadmap for your business domain and ensure strategic engineering work is appropriately prioritised alongside product deliverables
- Partner and collaborate with product management to help define the product strategy and roadmap and ensure the team understand the strategy, expected outcome and the value of the work
- Take delivery accountability for the core functionality, service infrastructure and architecture in your domain
- Have the freedom and encouragement to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers.
- Work closely with the Site Reliability Engineering team to ensure standardised practices for reducing unplanned downtime, and with the Security team to ensure best practices security is applied.
What you need:
- 1+ years experience managing a team of software engineers within a fast-growing organisation.
- 5+ years hands-on experience working with software engineering teams building products at scale.
- Desire and passion for growing and developing software engineers.
- Ability to manage remote engineers and be comfortable with remote colleagues.
- Ability to adapt to change and work with some level of ambiguity
- Knowledge of service-oriented development, micro-service architecture principles, and continuous development/continuous integration best practices.
- .Net / C#
- Authentication frameworks experiences (single sign on flows, SAML-P, OpenID Connect)
- Database system – MS SQL, PostgreSQL, No-SQL databases (Azure Tables, MongoDB)
- Azure storage services – Azure Storage Accounts, Amazon S3
- Strong understanding on how email works
- Microsoft Graph API
- Web Development – Vue, REACT, TypeScript
What rewards and benefits would I get in this role?
- 25 days annual leave (26 in your second year with Egress)
- Free breakfasts
- Monthly fully funded office socials (Trampolining, Bowling, Rounders, Sports Day, Pub Quiz, Board Games Night etc.)
- Pension scheme
- BUPA Private Health Cover
- Eligibility to participate in Enterprise Management Investment (EMI) stock options scheme
- Cycle to work discount scheme
- Regular Charity events & fundraisers
- Annually funded company kick off event
- Regular Pool leagues on our office tables
- Management/Peer recognition programmes with rewards (Including an annual company holiday incentive)
We are proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people-focused equal opportunity environment. Our core values of Owning it, Being Bold, Doing the right thing and Being a bar-raiser run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do.
We are a sociable company and haven’t let a global pandemic stop us from continuing to enjoy the place we work even if is more of a virtual experience at times. The atmosphere across the business is friendly and supportive, with a constant desire to improve in everything we do! We are now back to running our monthly paid for social activities as our offices continue to get busier! For those who are working remotely, we can’t promise the coffee you have in your kitchen will be as good as the free ones we have in the offices but the people you share it with will be just as warm and welcoming.
Privacy and Your Data
Any job offer that we may make to you will be subject to you successfully passing background checks.Diversity & Inclusivity:
Here at Egress we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our workforce has consistently sat above the national average for both BAME and Female representation, but we recognise that we can always do more. Every job description is subject to scrutiny through a gender bias decoder ensuring our roles are as inclusive and attractive as possible. Our culture is one that aims to nurture a welcoming and safe working environment for everyone with initiatives such as our Diversity & Belonging forum, dedicated mental health first aider network and regular awareness seminars all contributing to a great place to work whoever you are.
Find out more here - https://www.egress.com/en-us/environment-social-governance/diversity
To apply for this job please visit www.egress.careers.