GBG is the leading expert in global digital identity. We combine our powerful technology, the most accurate data coverage and our talented team to deliver award-winning location intelligence, identity verification and fraud prevention solutions.
With over 30 years’ experience, we bring together a team of over 1,250 dedicated experts with local industry insight from around the world to make it easy for businesses to identify and verify customers and locations, protecting everyone, everywhere from fraud.
Why you should be@GBG
(With the 95% of our team members that recommend us as a great place to work)
- We make the world a safer place
- We trust each other and win together
- We are local experts in a global business
- We want you to be yourself
- We grow when you grow
About the team:
Cloudcheck – A GBG product. Cloudcheck is New Zealand’s leading Electronic Identity Verification Service. We a small close-knit team based in Auckland. Our sole focus is to work on the Cloudcheck product. The team is consists of Sales, Account Management and Product Development/Engineering, led by the founder of the original CloudCheck company.
As a Java Developer/Java Software Engineer you will work closely with the Senior Developer to gather requirements, design, develop enhancements and support the products and supporting production system. It is a true all-round role for and and requires a quick learner with a good attention to detail and ability to prioritise their work. This excellent opportunity will mean that you are an important contributor to one of GBG’s leading SaaS identity products that is used by many of the region’s biggest and most progressive businesses.
What you will do:
- DevelopmentWork with the business to refine development requirements and contribute to the design the requirements
- Deliver development requirements in a timely manner
- Help refine and deliver new product ideas
- EnhancementIdentify product and process enhancements
- Maintenance & SupportMaintain & improve the stability of Cloudcheck
- Fix bugs and release these fixes in a timely and professional manner on a schedule to suit business requirements
- Look for processing improvements and implement where necessary
- When escalated by the business, support external IT contacts with their IT issue
What we’re looking for
- Java web development experience JSP / tag libraries, MVC development
- API integrations – RESTful Web Services / SOA
- Database integrations – Hibernate, PostgreSQL
- Ability to work independently
- Legally entitled to work in New Zealand
- Desire to Continually develop skills / knowledge to support your personal development
- AWS/Cloud experience
- Auckland based
To find out more:
Click here to see more about what’s important to us, including our Work When and Where You Want policy, our commitment to ESG, I&D and much more.
To chat to the Talent Attraction team and find out more about our benefits, drop an email to [email protected] and we’ll be in touch!
Make life@GBG work for you.Diversity & Inclusivity:
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.