GBG is the leading expert in global digital identity. We combine our powerful technology, the most accurate data coverage, and our talented team to deliver award-winning location intelligence, identity verification, and fraud prevention solutions.
With over 30 years’ of experience, we bring together a team of over 1,250 dedicated experts with local industry insight from around the world to make it easy for businesses to identify and verify customers and locations, protecting everyone, everywhere from fraud.
Why you should be@GBG
(with the 93% of our team members that recommend us as a great place to work)
We make the world a safer place
We trust each other and win together
We are local experts in global business
We want you to be yourself
We grow when you grow
Our finance team is central to the success of the business. Our aim is to proactively drive business value through informed and insightful decision-making. We work in partnership with the business and are agile and responsive to business needs whilst maintaining a transparent system of effective standards, processes, and controls. To support this goal we strive to have the best highly engaged finance professionals in our team. We’re on an exciting journey, and we have the strategies in place to get us to our destination.
This role reports into the Revenue & Billing Management Accountant and is part of the UK finance operations team.
What you will do
- Process billing files, preparing deferred income journals and a revenue review file for the Finance
- Business Partners and Sales teams
- Accrue cost of sales including data costs which include royalties and licences
- Calculate commissions, agreeing figures direct with managers and supplying payroll with files, accruing commission each month, prior to payment
- Balance Sheet reconciliations for accruals and deferred income
- Audit queries in respect of revenue and billing
- Providing support in other areas of the Finance Team
- Ad-hoc projects and duties as guided by your line manager
- AAT qualification or equivalent is advantageous and currently studying CIMA or equivalent qualification with a solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and substantial experience of reconciliation work
- Microsoft Excel skills are essential as is a high standard of accuracy
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Good computer literacy skills
- Excellent organisation and planning skills plus a high level of efficiency, happy to be given project work and see it through to completion with minimal of assistance
- A highly motivated individual, that brings energy and confidence, that is target driven and able to work as part of a team
We have a vision to have the best and most engaged team members in the industry. People matter at GBG, they make us who we are. Every team member across all our locations makes a difference, everyone has something to contribute. Maybe you too could make a difference.
As part of our commitment to our team and flexible working approach, we have created a Work When and Where You Want Policy to give our team members choice and empowerment, and to support a balance in work and home life. Please ask your Talent Attraction Specialist for more information on this and our Family Friendly policy if you want to find out more!
Diversity & Inclusivity:
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please inform your GBG Talent Attraction Specialist if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.