GBG is the leading expert in global digital identity. We combine our powerful technology, the most accurate data coverage and our talented team to deliver award-winning location intelligence, identity verification and fraud prevention solutions.
With over 30 years’ experience, we bring together a team of over 1,250 dedicated experts with local industry insight from around the world to make it easy for businesses to identify and verify customers and locations, protecting everyone, everywhere from fraud.
Why you should be@GBG
We make the world a safer place
We trust each other and win together
We are local experts in a global business
We want you to be yourself
We grow when you grow
Reporting to the Sales Director, the Business Development Director is a senior role within GBG, responsible for securing large scale new business, which supports the customer’s end user journey by bringing together a solution from across the portfolio of GBG products.
What you will do
- Generate leads and opportunities within the specific territories and customer segments to be targeted.
- Qualify and follow up on new business sales opportunities, following the agreed sales process and methodology, delivering a high standard of engagement to potential customers.
- Engage with customers at strategic and operational levels and be the demonstrable lead person for all engagements in the new business cycle, including presentations and negotiations.
- Oversee the engagement of subject matter experts to ensure that the customer understands the specific value proposition and business benefits of the wider range of GBG products and services.
- Production of proposals, including pricing and commercial structure and accompanying information.
- Organise and host customer reference visits where applicable.
- Work with the Sales Director in support of the preparation and delivery of all bids and tenders.
- Working with the Legal department to finalise contracts and participate in final negotiations.
- Create, negotiate, and close commercial agreements.
- Working closely with the Project Managers to ensure what has been sold to clients is delivered.
- Following up with clients to ensure that they remain satisfied during the product delivery stage and managing expectations where necessary, including the hand over to Customer Success.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Working closely with all GBG internal stakeholders to ensure client and sector challenges are built into our Product Roadmap.
- Liaising with the Technical Sales team to establish and update on the product and developments.
- Working with Sales Director be instrumental in devising/implementing the strategy for meeting personal sales performance targets.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Previously worked in senior leadership and or commercial roles, international experience is a preference.
- Demonstrable track record of new business sales in a complex B2B environment, preferably in a solution or technology led sector.
- Target driven with demonstrable experience of planning, working to, and exceeding sales targets.
- Proven ability of understanding and presenting complex solutions into a simple, value proposition.
- Excellent knowledge and demonstration of process to understand the customer’s buying process.
- A motivational personality, ambitious, professional credibility who is target-orientated with high levels of energy and drive.
- Passionately networks in order to build stronger relationships.
- Fanatical about prospecting, goal setting and getting tasks completed.
- Detail conscious and committed to keeping accurate and up-to-date records.
We have a vision to have the best and most engaged team members in the industry. People matter at GBG, they make us who we are. Every team member across all our locations makes a difference, everyone has something to contribute. Maybe you too could make a difference.
As part of our commitment to our team and flexible working approach, we have created a Work When and Where You Want Policy to give our team members choice and empowerment, and to support a balance in work and home life. Please ask your Talent Attraction Specialist for more information on this and our Family Friendly policy if you want to find out more!
If you’re interested, please apply! We’re looking to hire the best and most engaged people into our business and we’ll make an offer once we’ve found that person.
Diversity & Inclusivity:
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please inform your GBG Talent Attraction Specialist if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.