GBG is the leading expert in global digital identity. We combine our powerful technology, the most accurate data coverage and our talented team to deliver award-winning location intelligence, identity verification and fraud prevention solutions.
With over 30 years’ experience, we bring together a team of over 1,250 dedicated experts with local industry insight from around the world to make it easy for businesses to identify and verify customers and locations, protecting everyone, everywhere from fraud.
Why you should be@GBG
(with the 93% of our team members that recommend us as a great place to work)
We make the world a safer place
We trust each other and win together
We are local experts in a global business
We want you to be yourself
We grow when you grow
About the team
Our finance team is central to the success of the business. Our aim is to proactively drive business value through informed and insightful decision-making. We work in partnership with the business and are agile and responsive to business needs whilst maintaining a transparent system of effective standards, processes, and controls. To support this goal we strive to have the best highly engaged finance professionals in our team. We’re on an exciting journey, and we have the strategies in place to get us to our destination..
This is a key senior role within the finance team and with a strong opportunity for growth/progression.
The role offers the opportunity to take a lead role in ensuring the quality of our financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders in a growing, global plc environment. You will need to be able to coach and review the work of your direct reports, whilst also being willing and able to prepare work yourself where necessary.
Succeeding in the role will require not just strong technical accounting skills and knowledge, but more importantly the ability to apply this to commercial situations and communicate to those both with and without a financial background at all levels of the business.
What you will do
- Manage a team that is responsible for the Group month-end close process including:Monthly group consolidation and results from international subsidiaries
- All technical accounting papers
- Review the monthly group results and finance Board reports
- Draft commentary for trends and variances for Executive and Board reporting
- Manage and coach your direct reports and other junior members of the finance team – focusing on career development and maintaining strong engagement
- Responsibility for Group Accounting Manual. Review and challenge existing accounting and financial reporting processes with the goal of enhancing quality whilst improving automation
- Manage a team that has responsibility for all UK and EMEA revenue and billing. Including key customer contract reviews under IFRS 15, working alongside the commercial finance and sales team to optimise outcomes.
- Take the lead role in the delivery of the half-year and annual external financial reporting
- Responsibility for the finance sections of the Annual Report
- Act as a key contact for the external auditors and any other external advisors (e.g. valuations experts)
- Drafting or reviewing technical accounting papers including impairment reviews, share-based payments, going concern, IFRS 9 and segmental analysis
- Preparing and presenting papers for the Audit Committee
- Work alongside external advisors on acquisition due diligence projects to assess the potential financial reporting implications – and then lead on the post-merger integration (for the finance function) and purchase price allocation work post-acquisition
- Other special projects as requested by the Group Finance Director and CFO.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- Experience in technical financial accounting (in practice or industry) with up to date IFRS accounting knowledge
- Experience of working in a listed plc environment
- Understanding of acquisition accounting under IFRS 3 (purchase price allocations), share-based payments and multicurrency consolidations
- Experience of managing a team – developing team member skills, motivation, engagement, communication and performance
- Strong analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to respond appropriately to time-sensitive requests
- PC literate with proficiency in MS Excel
- Knowledge of Microsoft Business Central, Workday Adaptive Planning and Power BI would be an advantage
We have a vision to have the best and most engaged team members in the industry. People matter at GBG, they make us who we are. Every team member across all our locations makes a difference, everyone has something to contribute. Maybe you too could make a difference.
As part of our commitment to our team and flexible working approach, we have created a Work When and Where You Want Policy to give our team members choice and empowerment, and to support a balance in work and home life. Please ask your Talent Attraction Specialist for more information on this and our Family Friendly policy if you want to find out more!
If you’re interested, please apply! We’re looking to hire the best and most engaged people into our business and we’ll make an offer once we’ve found that person.Diversity & Inclusivity:
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please inform your GBG Talent Attraction Specialist if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.