***CHESTER OR LONDON OFFICE LOCATION***
GBG is the leading expert in global digital identity. We combine our powerful technology, the most accurate data coverage, and our talented team to deliver award-winning location intelligence, identity verification, and fraud prevention solutions.
With over 30 years’ of experience, we bring together a team of over 1,250 dedicated experts with local industry insight from around the world to make it easy for businesses to identify and verify customers and locations, protecting everyone, everywhere from fraud.
Why you should be@GBG
(with the 93% of our team members that recommend us as a great place to work)
We make the world a safer place
We trust each other and win together
We are local experts in a global business
We want you to be yourself
We grow when you grow
You’ll be working as part of a dynamic Software Engineering Team to deliver highly capable features to our existing digital identity verification product. This diverse squad is formed of Software Engineers, Quality Assurance (QA) Engineers, Product Owners, Database Engineers, and a SCRUM Lead. Each team member works in collaboration to design, estimate, develop, test and release features to production.
We’re a Microsoft .NET ecosystem hosted in Microsoft Azure with an ambition to further develop and modernise our technology stack in the cloud. We build on our existing automation suites, transforming the way we deliver software. We all get the chance to meet up once a quarter so travel to the office to meet with your colleagues and plan for the road ahead is required.
What you will do
As a software engineer you will work as part of an Agile SCRUM team with your primary focus on building high performing, scalable, enterprise-grade online applications and services. You will also work closely with the team leads, product owners, software engineers and QA engineers to drive change and progression within the Identity products at GBG.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of complex software solutions using C# and .NET technologies within our Identity verification software.
- Collaborate with team leads, product owners, software engineers and stakeholders to define and prioritise technical requirements, aligning with business objectives.
- Support continuous integration practices including Test Driven Development
- Troubleshoot and debug complex software issues, employing advanced problem-solving techniques to identify and implement effective solutions.
- Proactively identify trends to address problems before they become incidents.
- Conduct comprehensive code reviews to maintain code quality and consistency.
- Participate in Agile activities, ceremonies and planning with your team.
What We’re Looking For
- Good understanding of C# / .NET Framework / .NET Core
- Good understanding and proficiency with OOP, SOLID principles, and design patterns.
- Experience in Microsoft Azure (Azure Web Apps, Azure Functions, Key Vault, Cosmos DB etc) or a comparable cloud platform.
- Unit testing with xUnit and Fluent Assertions.
- Experienced in working in an Agile / SCRUM environment.
- Experience in the building and deployment of REST APIs and Microservices.
- CI/CD using YAML pipelines and automated build, testing and deployment utilising Azure DevOps, GitHub Actions, or equivalent technology.
- Good communication skills, highly organised and able to manage time effectively with a strong attention to detail.
- Cloud certifications desirable.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please inform your GBG Talent Attraction Specialist if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.