About the job
***Whilst primarilly remote this role will require some office attendance – at our London hub, or our Chester hub. Please only apply if you are able to commute to either of these locations.***
GBG is the leading expert in global digital identity. We combine our powerful technology, the most accurate data coverage and our talented team to deliver award-winning location intelligence, identity verification and fraud prevention solutions.
With over 30 years’ experience, we bring together a team of over 1,250 dedicated experts with local industry insight from around the world to make it easy for businesses to identify and verify customers and locations, protecting everyone, everywhere from fraud
Why you should be@GBG
We make the world a safer place
We trust each other and win together
We are local experts in a global business
We want you to be yourself
We grow when you grow
GBG’s Information Security team of c30 team members, enable delivery of GBG’s business strategy by ensuring GBG is secure and trusted. The team provides four core capabilities:
- Governance, Risk and Compliance.
- Cyber Defence.
- Product Security.
- Security Architecture.
The Security Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of GBG’s Cyber Security Operations, reducing risk to GBG, our customers and stakeholders. This is an important role in GBG’s security strategy to be ‘Secure and Trusted’. A senior role it includes managing a global team of dedicated security analysts, working with an array of technologies and vendors to keep GBG and our stakeholders safe. The holder of the role will help shape overall cyber security strategy for GBG working as part of the security leadership team.
What you will do
- Operate and deliver a robust Cyber Security SOC (Security Operations Centre) capability by assessing and continually improving security system outputs and ensuring processes are developed and adhered.
- Process large volumes of alerts and manage suitable reaction to complex threats.
- Respond timely to security events and incidents as they inevitably occur 24/7.
- Optimise Security Orchestration and Response tooling.
- Threat hunting: Learn from experience and discoveries, prevent repetition through analysing historical data to predict future threats.
Lead and manage the day-to-day activities of c6 analysts.
- ·Contribute to the development of business cases and presentations on new and emerging technologies of interest to enhance security operations.
- Lead in the development and maintenance of play books and incident response.
- Benchmark, analyse, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of security.
- Champion cyber security principles within the team and collaborate cross-functionally with analysts, engineers to achieve continuous improvement.
- Specialise in the running of SOC security systems and tools related to incident detection, threat detection and cyber hygiene.
- Support GBG’s Cyber Security Incident response capability
- Support the development of GBG’s vulnerability management programme of work.
- Support the SOC team in the deep dive analysis and investigation of incidents identified through alerts received.
- Establish operational foundations, defining metrics and KPIs to drive governance, quality, and efficiency. Influence and improve existing processes through innovation and operational change.
- Lead on threat intelligence activities
- Manage staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Develop and mentor staff through open communication, training and development opportunities, and performance management processes; build and maintain employee morale and motivation.
- Work with the GRC teams to meet regulatory and compliance requirements.
What we’re looking for
- Subject matter expert with advanced knowledge of SOC operations (incident management, threat hunting and cyber hygiene).
- Crisis/Incident Management experience.
- Security Leadership and someone with a passion for security.
- Experience working with security testing tools & techniques.
- Security administration skills
- Analytical skills.
- Communication skills, ability to make complex incidents understandable and actionable.
- Production/development of technical & supporting documentation.
- Someone with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Experience in designing, implementing and measuring relevant security and technology management critical success factors, key performance indicators, and metrics.
- Experience in managing relationships between vendors and internal customers.
- Relevant technical experience and qualifications e.g: operation of SIEM & EPP tooling, Incident handling; including. Major Incident Response, Malware analysis, Digital forensics, Penetration testing experience, Computer forensic experience
- Experience working with technologies like WAF, CNAPP, EDR, SIEM, NDR, XDR, IDS/IPS, MDM.
To chat to the Talent Attraction team and find out more about our benefits and why we’re a great place to work, drop an email to [email protected] and we’ll be in touch. You can also check out our career site here.
Why not apply and make life@GBG work for you?Diversity & Inclusivity:
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender race/ ethnicity, sex, religion, age, nationality, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please inform your GBG Talent Attraction Partner if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.