The Senior DevOps Engineer is a Hybrid role based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
An opportunity to journey and progress your career with a leading global provider of financial technology services, partnering with our esteemed customers in the Banking, Financial Services, e-Commerce and Gaming industries.
Be a part of an UK public listed company on UK’s AIM Market which brings over 30+ years of expertise in location intelligence, identity verification and fraud management.
A company that thrives on Technology and Innovation, Inclusion, Equality and Diversity.
GBG is the leading expert in global digital identity. We combine our powerful technology, the most accurate data coverage and our talented team to deliver award-winning location intelligence, identity verification and fraud prevention solutions.
With over 30 years’ experience, we bring together a team of over 1,250 dedicated experts with local industry insight from around the world to make it easy for businesses to identify and verify customers and locations, protecting everyone, everywhere from fraud.
Why you should be@GBG
We make the world a safer place
We trust each other and win together
We are local experts in a global business
We want you to be yourself
We grow when you grow
About the team
The APAC Technology team comprises of more than 50 individuals across Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, and Kuala Lumpur. We cover products operating under all 3 core businesses of GBG, namely Identity, Fraud and Location, with more than 7 Scrum teams, supported by UI/UX team, DevOps team, Product Management, Architect, and Research Team. As a Senior DevOps engineer, you have the exciting opportunity to work with a diverse group of talents along with a healthy mix of cutting-edge technology to operate software systems that enables secure online transactions that protects everyone. We place great value on diversity, creativity, and innovation, and are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive
We are looking for an experienced and capable Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team. This position is a permanent full-time role based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and offers a rare opportunity to work in a fast growing, best of breed company that retains the atmosphere and culture of a start-up. If you’re passionate about doing great work in a fantastic, flexible environment then this could be for you
What you will do
- Maintain and improve our SAAS infrastructure (multiple cloud-based data centres)
- Take part in POC projects where different technology stacks may involve.
- Ensure excellent security, resilience, and uptime.
- Be a part of an on-call 24/7 level 3 priority 1 support roster.
- Support increased automation of system rollout to our data centres.
- Work with partners and customers to solve specific high-level issues.
- Collaborate with our software architecture teams to support change in our services.
- Design and actively improve release and deployment pipelines for products in the region.
- Support the automated deployment of infrastructure into cloud platforms.
- Be an authority in the use of tooling for delivery and operations usage.
- Experience working in a DevOps culture, understanding importance of business drivers and use of tooling to deliver value work streams
- Proven experience supporting Cloud based solutions (technology agnostic, AWS, Azure and AliCloud preferred)
- Proven design experience implementing tools and processes, specifically relating to monitoring and distributed tracing.
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience implementing continuous integration, continuous deployment and integrating application monitoring tools
- Familiar with Test driven development
- Experience with containerisation and/or serverless components (Kubernetes preferred) or the ability to demonstrate a deep understanding supporting and monitoring 1000’s of service components.
- Experience with Continuous Integration Tooling i.e., Azure DevOps, GitHub, Jenkins
- Experience with of Release and Deployment Tooling (such as Spinnaker, Harness.io, Azure Devops or Octopus)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and configuration management tools (such as Chef, Terraform)
- Strong scripting skills and/or experience of code languages (such as Bash, Powershell, Python)
- Familiarity with administrating relational databases and NoSQL
- A good understanding of common Operating Systems i.e., Windows server, Linux (Ubuntu)
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills
- Experience of Agile delivery working practices
- Experience of APM/Monitoring tools and distributed tracing tools
- Open to new ideas and experiences.
- Seeks out learning opportunities.
- Handles situations and problems with innovation and creativity.
- Thinks broadly and strategically.
- Shows evidence of clear analytical thinking.
- Gets to the heart of complex problems and issues.
- Applies own expertise effectively.
- Quickly learns new technology.
- Communicates well in writing.
- Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organised way.
- Follows directions and procedures
We have a vision to have the best and most engaged team members in the industry. People matter at GBG, they make us who we are. Every team member across all our locations makes a difference, everyone has something to contribute. Maybe you too could make a difference.
As part of our commitment to our team and flexible working approach, we have created a Work When and Where You Want Policy to give our team members choice and empowerment, and to support a balance in work and home life. Please ask your Talent Attraction Specialist for more information on this and our Family Friendly policy if you want to find out more!
If you’re interested, please apply! We’re looking to hire the best and most engaged people into our business and we’ll make an offer once we’ve found that person.Diversity & Inclusivity:
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender race/ ethnicity, sex, religion, age, nationality, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please inform your GBG Talent Attraction Specialist if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process.
To chat to the Talent Attraction team and find out more about our benefits and why we’re a great place to work, drop an email to [email protected] and we’ll be in touch.
Make life@GBG work for you.
GBG collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws.If you are a European Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details.If you are a California Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details.
GBG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.