***Hybrid Role- Occasional Office Attendance 1 Day Monthly Approx***
GBG is the leading expert in global digital identity. We combine our powerful technology, the most accurate data coverage and our talented team to deliver award-winning location intelligence, identity verification and fraud prevention solutions.
With over 30 years’ experience, we bring together a team of over 1,250 dedicated experts with local industry insight from around the world to make it easy for businesses to identify and verify customers and locations, protecting everyone, everywhere from fraud.
About The Team
The Core Engine team is responsible for providing practical decision support solutions to address business objectives in location intelligence. We aim to help every business in the world reach every customer in the world by understanding every Location better than the people who live there. We pride ourselves on writing high quality code and following the best CI/CD principles aimed at enterprise applications and services.
As a Senior Software Engineer working on Loqate product, you will have the opportunity to work on the core platform that power our global location intelligence requests. You will design and build on our platform to be able to parse, standardise, enrich and verify any location anywhere in the world. You will help to propel our platform forward by incorporating AI into our parsing capabilities. We also aim to move to newer versions of C++. We aspire to build on the past successes of our products and so are looking for an experienced and passionate developer to join us on the journey.
What you will do
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, and data scientist to build features that operate at scale, serving location accuracy that verify millions of addresses per day.
- Design, build, test and maintain production system that are integrated with our internal platforms and partner platforms.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving massive amounts of data
- Research, develop, launch, iterate and make a difference for our users. Help to extend and improve on Loqate’s product offering.
- Being accountable for the quality and participate in technical design discussions, code reviews and test automation.
- Collaborate with the team to own and drive one of our work streams, including technical initiatives, planning, execution, and collaboration with users.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
What we’re looking for
- At least 5 years of proven experience in software development in commercial environment in the following areas.Current experience in developing high quality, high performant code in C++ (C++03 – We will be moving to C++11 and higher).
- Sound knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and OOP
- A growth mindset and eagerness to learn
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy.
- Genuine passion for identifying issues and solving them.
- Proficient in designing and implementing complex object-oriented patterns, public interfaces, and architectural patterns.
Desired (a selection of the following)
- Good experience in Version Control System. Preferably GIT.
- Experience working in Agile software development
- Experience in developing text parsing, search and retrieval systems
- Experience in dealing with Unicode data and multi-threading
- Familiarity with Linux and shell scripting
Click here to see more about what’s important to us, including our Work When and Where You Want policy, our commitment to ESG, I&D and much more.
To chat to the Talent Attraction team and find out more about our benefits, drop an email to [email protected] and we’ll be in touch!
Make life@GBG work for you.Diversity & Inclusivity:
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please inform your GBG Talent Attraction Specialist if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.