***Hybrid Role- Occasional Office Attendance 1 Day Monthly Approx***
GBG offers a range of solutions that help organisations quickly validate and verify the identity and location of their customers. Our market-leading technology, data and expertise help our customers improve digital access, deliver a seamless experience and establish trust, so that they can transact quickly, safely and securely with their customers online. We have over 1,000 team members across 15 countries and work with over 20,000 customers in over 70 countries. Some of the world’s best-known businesses rely on GBG to provide digital services and keep the economy moving.
The Core Engine team is responsible for providing practical decision support solutions to address business objectives in location intelligence. We aim to help every business in the world reach every customer in the world by understanding every Location better than the people who live there. We pride ourselves on writing high quality code and following the best CI/CD principles aimed at enterprise applications and services.
As a Senior Software Engineer working on Loqate product, you will have the opportunity to work on the core platform that power our global location intelligence requests. You will design and build on our platform to be able to parse, standardise, enrich and verify any location anywhere in the world. You will help to propel our platform forward by incorporating AI into our parsing capabilities. We also aim to move to newer versions of C++. We aspire to build on the past successes of our products and so are looking for an experienced and passionate developer to join us on the journey.
What you will do
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, and data scientist to build features that operate at scale, serving location accuracy that verify millions of addresses per day.
- Design, build, test and maintain production system that are integrated with our internal platforms and partner platforms.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving massive amounts of data
- Research, develop, launch, iterate and make a difference for our users. Help to extend and improve on Loqate’s product offering.
- Being accountable for the quality and participate in technical design discussions, code reviews and test automation.
- Collaborate with the team to own and drive one of our work streams, including technical initiatives, planning, execution, and collaboration with users.
Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
At least 5 years of proven experience in software development in commercial environment in the following areas.Current experience in developing high quality, high performant code in C++ (C++03 – We will be moving to C++11 and higher).
- Sound knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and OOP
- Basic SQL
- A growth mindset and eagerness to learn
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy.
- Genuine passion for identifying issues and solving them.
- Proficient in designing and implementing complex object-oriented patterns, public interfaces, and architectural patterns.
Desired (a selection of the following)
- Good experience in Version Control System. Preferably GIT.
- Experience working in Agile software development
- Experience in developing text parsing, search and retrieval systems
- Experience in dealing with Unicode data and multi-threading
- Familiarity with Linux and shell scripting
We have a vision to have the best and most engaged team members in the industry. People matter at GBG, they make us who we are. Every team member across all our locations makes a difference, everyone has something to contribute. Maybe you too could make a difference.
As part of our commitment to our team and flexible working approach, we have created a Work When and Where You Want Policy to give our team members choice and empowerment, and to support a balance in work and home life. Please ask your Talent Attraction Specialist for more information on this and our Family Friendly policy if you want to find out more!
If you’re interested, please apply! We’re looking to hire the best and most engaged people into our business and we’ll make an offer once we’ve found that person.Diversity & Inclusivity:
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.