***HYBRID ROLE – ONCE FORTNIGHTLY IN OFFICE***
GBG is the leading expert in global digital identity. We combine our powerful technology, the most accurate data coverage and our talented team to deliver award-winning location intelligence, identity verification and fraud prevention solutions.
With over 30 years’ experience, we bring together a team of over 1,250 dedicated experts with local industry insight from around the world to make it easy for businesses to identify and verify customers and locations, protecting everyone, everywhere from fraud.
Why you should be@GBG
(With the 95% of our team members that recommend us as a great place to work)
- We make the world a safer place
- We trust each other and win together
- We are local experts in a global business
- We want you to be yourself
- We grow when you grow
About the team:
The role fits within the engineering squad for our GreenID product. GreenID is part of global ID Verification suite of SaaS based services. These services provide our clients with rigorous ID verification checks on people located all over the world using more data sources than your average identity verification solution. It allows them to verify and onboard customers with confidence, minimising their vulnerability to identify fraud and compliance risks.
We are looking for an experienced and capable Software Engineer to join our team. This position is a permanent full-time role based in Malaysia and working in a fast growing, product led software company. If you’re passionate about doing great work in a fantastic, flexible environment then this could be for you.
As a Software Engineer within GreenID, you will be engineering identification services used by 100s of leading organisations where customer identification (KYC) and onboarding is essential. This excellent opportunity will mean that you are an important contributor to one of GBG’s leading SaaS identity products that is used by many of the world’s biggest and most progressive businesses.
What you will do:
- You will be a technical member of an agile squad, delivering high performing, scalable, enterprise-grade online applications and services.
- Continually develop skills, competencies and knowledge to support your personal development
- Design, engineer, test, document and integrate components in line with the agreed ‘Definition of Done’
- Elicit, understand and challenge stakeholder requirements
- Proactively share knowledge with colleagues
- Shape documentation
- Support continuous integration practices including test driven development
What we’re looking for:
- Able to work in an agile environment
- Experience working in a DevOps culture
- JIRA (or equivalent Agile lifecycle tool)
- Experience in back end software engineering using Java (Core Java)
- Fluent in English and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Test automation tools
- Experience with server-side programming
- Experience with HTML
- Experience with database systems (MySQL, PostGres)
We have the vision to have the best and most engaged team members in the industry. People matter at GBG, they make us who we are. Every team member across all our locations makes a difference, everyone has something to contribute. Maybe you too could make a difference.
As part of our commitment to our team and flexible working approach, we have created a Work When and Where You Want Policy to give our team members choice and empowerment and to support a balance in work and home life. Please ask your Talent Attraction Specialist for more information on this and our Family Friendly policy if you want to find out more!
To find out more:
Click here to see more about what’s important to us, including our Work When and Where You Want policy, our commitment to ESG, I&D and much more.
To chat to the Talent Attraction team and find out more about our benefits, drop an email to [email protected] and we’ll be in touch!
Make life@GBG work for you.Diversity & Inclusivity:
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.