*** Hybrid Role – Once fortnightly minimum in office***
GBG is the leading expert in global digital identity. We combine our powerful technology, the most accurate data coverage and our talented team to deliver award-winning location intelligence, identity verification and fraud prevention solutions.
With over 30 years’ experience, we bring together a team of over 1,250 dedicated experts with local industry insight from around the world to make it easy for businesses to identify and verify customers and locations, protecting everyone, everywhere from fraud.
Why you should be@GBG
(With the 95% of our team members that recommend us as a great place to work)
- We make the world a safer place
- We trust each other and win together
- We are local experts in a global business
- We want you to be yourself
- We grow when you grow
About the team:
Unicorn Team – The Unicorn team comprises 31 individuals located in Melbourne, Sydney, and Kuala Lumpur. It is composed of four Scrum teams, UI/UX team, DevOps, Product Management, Architect, and Research Team. As a leader, you will have the exciting opportunity to work with a group of talented engineers and leverage cutting-edge technology to develop software that enables secure online transactions for all. We place great value on diversity, creativity, and innovation, and are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive.
You as the Engineering Manager will partner with Product Owners and business stakeholders to shape ideas and priorities, lead development teams and take responsibility for the technical roadmap of assigned deliveries.
What you will do:
- Focus on the quality and speed of delivery for the technology changes required to enable business initiatives, leading a team of high calibre software developers.
- Providing thought-leadership during the shaping/feasibility process to ensure the optimal initiatives are prioritised and technology investments made.
- In partnership with the Product Owner, defining independent slices of value that make up the product backlog, prioritised by customer value, documented in a way that allows delivery squads to clearly understand what is needed, why, and how success will be measured.
- Proactively resolve structural, cultural, process and organisational issues both within and outside of the team.
- Work with the Solution Architecture team to align specific solution designs with the target end-state architecture, balancing strategic and tactical priorities.
- Provide leadership to assist in the creation and maintenance of a high performing, agile team.
- Ensure that dependencies and risks in the domain are understood and effectively managed.
- Create and maintain a technical roadmap for the assigned domain • Demonstrate and embed best-practice system engineering skills and processes within the squad.
- Help your team solve complex technical problems as you build the platform.
- Taking ownership of production incidents and following problems through to resolution.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success in leading and working within a team.
- Ability to engage all levels of an organization.
- Commercially astute with experience in resource / people management.
- The ability to interact and work with project managers and stakeholders to deliver multiple projects.
- A preference for working in fast paced environments with fluid requirements.
- Knowledge with Database Technologies, Open-Source Technologies, experience working in a DevOps culture, TDD/BDD, Microservice Architecture, and Cloud Technologies.
To find out more:
Click here to see more about what’s important to us, including our Work When and Where You Want policy, our commitment to ESG, I&D and much more.
To chat to the Talent Attraction team and find out more about our benefits, drop an email to [email protected] and we’ll be in touch!
Make life@GBG work for you.Diversity & Inclusivity:
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please inform your GBG Talent Attraction Specialist if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.