GBG is the leading expert in global digital identity. We combine our powerful technology, the most accurate data coverage, and our talented team to deliver award-winning location intelligence, identity verification, and fraud prevention solutions.
With over 30 years’ of experience, we bring together a team of over 1,250 dedicated experts with local industry insight from around the world to make it easy for businesses to identify and verify customers and locations, protecting everyone, everywhere from fraud.
Why you should be@GBG
(with the 93% of our team members that recommend us as a great place to work)
We make the world a safer place
We trust each other and win together
We are local experts in a global business
We want you to be yourself
We grow when you grow
About the team
Part of the Technology & Operations, the FDE team works directly with GBG IDscan customers, partners, and internal stakeholders to resolve document-related queries and provide a second line of defence against digital identity fraud. Working to resolve customer issues is our priority however, IDES (IDscan Document Expert System) is the brain behind IDscan document processing technology, and many teams in IDscan work on IDES to keep improving it from different aspects. IDES is the processing engine that takes images from various sources and processes them to classify, authenticate, and extract information from different types of documents (including proof of ID, and proof of address documents). This team will ensure IDES is maintained and grows along with all the new documents that are introduced into the market.
The successful candidate will be required to deliver an industry-leading document-checking service (FDCS) to GBG’s Identity customers and partners. The Forensic Document Examiner will ensure customer support/queries are dealt with quickly and thoroughly across multiple platforms.
As you research and build your document knowledge, you will help to expand and maintain the GBG IDscan document library and prepare reference data for our Document Knowledge Team to enable them to train our software and expand our sample database used as a tool in the document verification process.
What you will do
- Respond to customer requests over live chat, portals, and emails
- Maintain the integrity of records and collect information, evidence, and ID samples in a legally admissible and responsible manner, as prescribed by IDscan
- Manage daily transcript report
- Review semantic and visual features of identity documents
- Prepare reference data to build your document knowledge and help to train our software
- Act on information, either directly or through escalation
Additionally, you may:
- Regression test new document library packages and compare against older versions as and when required
- Define new document types/ enhance the existing ones
What we’re looking for
- High level of attention to detail
- Data analysis and critical thinking skills
- Good communication skills, writing documentation and reporting, as well as an excellent command of the English language
- Baseline technical skills (Power Point, Excel, Windows, Outlook)
- Proven ability to think analytically.
- Organised and able to work independently and on their own initiative
- Flexible attitude towards business hours and as the scheduled days are Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.
- Ability to collate information, analyse the data and come up with solutions to problems
- Data/Information research skills
- Basic Photoshop/Designing Skills knowledge
- Knowledge about data protection and privacy
- Knowledge about identity documents
- CIFAS Identity Document Fraud Training (or equivalent)
- Ability to adapt and make decisions
- Fast learner for new tools, and IT system
- Able to work autonomously
- Customer-focused individual with a drive to ensure customers have and continue to have a great experience when dealing with GBG
- Detail-conscious and committed to keeping accurate and up-to-date records.
- Supports others and recognises the importance of teamwork
- Eager to learn and determined to deliver excellent service to customers
- Ambitious with ‘can-do’ attitude
- Sat 8:00am-6:00pm
- Sun & Bank Holidays 11am-5pm
- Occasional overtime may be required to meet business requirements. This will be scheduled on the rotational bases.
We have a vision to have the best and most engaged team members in the industry. People matter at GBG, they make us who we are. Every team member across all our locations makes a difference, everyone has something to contribute. Maybe you too could make a difference.
As part of our commitment to our team and flexible working approach, we have created a Work When and Where You Want Policy to give our team members choice and empowerment, and to support a balance in work and home life. Please ask your Talent Attraction Specialist for more information on this and our Family Friendly policy if you want to find out more!Diversity & Inclusivity:
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please inform your GBG Talent Attraction Specialist if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.