GBG is the leading expert in global digital identity. We combine our powerful technology, the most accurate data coverage, and our talented team to deliver award-winning location intelligence, identity verification, and fraud prevention solutions.
With over 30 years’ of experience, we bring together a team of over 1,250 dedicated experts with local industry insight from around the world to make it easy for businesses to identify and verify customers and locations, protecting everyone, everywhere from fraud.
Why you should be@GBG
We make the world a safer place
We trust each other and win together
We are local experts in a global business
We want you to be yourself
We grow when you grow
You’ll be working as part of a dynamic Software Engineering Team to deliver highly capable features to our existing Identity Verification product. Your diverse squad is formed of Software Engineers, Quality Assurance (QA) Engineers, Product Owners, Database Engineers, and a SCRUM Lead.
Our team members work together to design, estimate, develop, test and release features to production. We’re a Microsoft .NET ecosystem hosted in Microsoft Azure with an ambition to further develop and modernise our technology stack in the cloud. We all get the chance to meet up once a quarter so travel to the office to meet with your colleagues and plan for the road ahead, so travel is occasionally required, including in office meet-ups.
As a Senior engineer you will work as part of an Agile SCRUM team, reporting to the team lead with your primary focus on building high performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications, and services. You will work closely with the team leads, Product owners, Software Engineers, and QA engineers to drive change and progression within the Identity products at GBG.
What you will do
- Be responsible for leading the design, development, and implementation of complex software solutions using C# and .NET technologies within our Identity Verification software.
- Collaborate with team leads, product owners, software engineers and stakeholders to define and prioritise technical requirements and ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Support continuous integration practices including Test Driven Development
- Troubleshoot and debug complex software issues, employing advanced problem-solving techniques to identify and implement effective solutions.
- Coach and mentor junior team members supporting their growth and ensuring they have the necessary guidance in their roles.
- Proactively identify trends to address problems before they become incidents.
- Conduct comprehensive code reviews, providing valuable feedback to maintain code quality and consistency.
- Participate in Agile activities, ceremonies and planning with your team.
- Shape documentation.
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for an individual who can bring a passion and energy to the team to write great software. Working closely with other Engineers and Product Owners to refine and set out to really understand the nature of what we’re building. Some of the attributes we’re looking for:
- Strong understanding of C# / .NET Framework / .NET Core
- Deep understanding and proficiency with OOP, SOLID principles, and design patterns.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Azure technology stack (Azure Web Apps, Azure Functions, Key Vault etc) or a comparable cloud platform
- Unit testing with xUnit and Fluent Assertions
- Experienced in working in an Agile / SCRUM environment
- Experience in the building and deployment of REST APIs and Microservices
- CI/CD using YAML pipelines and automated build, testing and deployment utilising Azure DevOps, GitHub Actions, or equivalent technology
- Good communication skills, highly organised and able to manage time effectively with a strong attention to detail
- Cloud certifications desirable
To find out more
We have a vision to have the best and most engaged team members in the industry. People matter at GBG, they make us who we are. Every team member across all our locations makes a difference, everyone has something to contribute. Maybe you too could make a difference.
As part of our commitment to our team and flexible working approach, we have created a Work When and Where You Want Policy to give our team members choice and empowerment, and to support a balance in work and home life. Please ask your Talent Attraction Specialist for more information on this and our Family Friendly policy if you want to find out more!Diversity & Inclusivity:
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please inform your GBG Talent Attraction Specialist if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.