Why you should be@GBG
(With the 95% of our team members that recommend us as a great place to work)
We make the world a safer place
We trust each other and win together
We are local experts in a global business
We want you to be yourself
We grow when you grow
About the team:
Global Service & Operations:
GBG’s Product, Technology & Operations team is a horizontal function that is responsible for product development & engineering, customer support, and supporting the GBG business in the areas of information security, corporate IT including business systems, customer on-boarding, project management and supplier management. In the case of Loqate’s global products, the function also looks after product management & professional services.
The role is part of the CIO’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT). Our ways of working have been maturing over recent years and this includes our back-office processes (i.e. Project Management Office (PMO), Supplier Management Unit (SMU)) and the support we offer to our internal team members and our external customers. The latter typically involves Tier 1 (initial helpdesk contact by our customers), followed up by Tier 2 (more detailed support involving applications & infrastructure), leading to Tier 3 support where the problem is a product defect or cannot be easily determined.
We are changing the way we operate to offer Customer Support as a global federated support model, whilst at the same time consolidating and maturing our internal operations.
Our vision is to provide the best customer experience possible, ensuring that the end-to-end customer experience based on their usage lifecycle of our products is met by the best end to end GBG service & operations experience. Our view is that whilst these may be discrete capabilities within GBG, the customer shouldn’t ‘see the joins’ and should always be front and centre of our minds.
It is also our vision that our internal options provide the best and most efficient service to our internal customers (that is the teams within GBG) as well as our customers.
To own the vision and its strategic implementation, we are recruiting for a new Global Head of Service & Operations to encapsulate the accountabilities of Customer Support as well as some peripheral responsibilities in supporting the functions operational requirements.
What you will do:
Provide vision, strategy and leadership for a seamless customer service experience across all stages and touchpoints in a customer journey and helping the customer to continually achieve greater customer satisfaction, increased efficiency and profitability.
Provide Leadership and Guidance to our Global Tier 1 (Helpdesk) and Tier 2 (Product, Application & Infrastructure) support teams across the world, along with the Service Management that supports them.
Ensure that the services we offer are clear & understood, that the customers user-experience from on-boarding to in-life support is exceptional and that the service we deliver strives to exceed expectations.
Ensure that our supporting operations are working efficiently and effectively in support of our operations, including our projects through the project management office (PMO) and our supplier management, through the supplier management unit (SMU).
Ensure that our supply chain is understood and that we have the necessary back-to-back commercial arrangements in place and that the suppliers offer value for money, are optimised and service delivery is effective.
Work effectively cross a cross-functional and cross-geography team, both with your own leadership and management team, as well as key stakeholders and their teams including Business Unit Leaders and Functional Leaders (i.e. Legal, Finance).
Working with other SLT members including the People Team, drive the definition and implementation of a Workforce strategy that ensures we have the best and most engaged team members in optimal locations.
Collaborate with identified business unit Customer Service Leaders and build a strong and enduring relationship with senior business leaders.
Ensure that all processes in support of our support and operations are defined, effective and cover all required.
Identify and drive initiatives that lead to better GBG outcomes & productivity improvements.
Requirements/ What we’re looking for:
– Strategic thinking and foresight, able to foresee market changes, dynamism in customer expectations and to guide GBG to live up to those expectations, whilst being able to balance the operational need of execution.
– Strong customer-centric user-experience background and focus, with experience as an accomplished leader in Global Service Delivery & Operations, or similar.
– Strong business acumen and operational background, who are able to see the big picture and think creatively about solutions to problems.
– Proven Industry Service & Project/Programme Management expertise (i.e., ITIL Service Management, COBIT, PRINCE2), having led global support organisations of a comparable size
-Experience in implementation of best practice methodologies to drive product quality, on-time product support and customer satisfaction
– Experience of maturity and transforming similar Customer Support and Operational functions in a pragmatic and scalable fashion
– Ability to attract world-class team members and develop a cohesive culture that fosters teamwork, efficiency, and ownership.
– Exceptional interpersonal, network, influencing, communication and presentation skills with an attention to detail. Nurturing great relationships internally within your team, as well as with other functions
– Data Driven mindset with an aptitude for Technology, and what it can enable when we think innovatively and creatively.
– Experienced and able to manage the difficulty of conducting business globally.
– Ability to build relationships and influence teams and individuals, both within your spans of control, and outside.
– Work calmly and effectively under pressure.
– Impeccable integrity, openness, and creativity.Diversity & Inclusivity:
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.