GBG offers a range of solutions that help organisations quickly validate and verify the identity and location of their customers. Our market-leading technology, data and expertise help our customers improve digital access, deliver a seamless experience and establish trust, so that they can transact quickly, safely and securely with their customers online. We have over 1,000 team members across 15 countries and work with over 20,000 customers in over 70 countries. Some of the world’s best-known businesses rely on GBG to provide digital services and keep the economy moving.
The GBG Legal Team plays a vital role in the success of GBG’s business. Our aim is to adopt a market leading customer-centric stance, both to our external customers and internal stakeholders. We’ve been recognised for the contribution we make and for our initiatives to streamline processes and to provide commercial legal support to this fast paced and innovative organisation.
You will provide fast paced, pragmatic advice on a wide range of contractual, commercial and privacy issues impacting GBG’s European location, identity and fraud services. You will interact with GBG’s customers, suppliers, sales managers and business leaders.
What you will do
- Negotiating client agreements with our UK and EU customers and data and technology suppliers
- Providing pragmatic, commercially focused legal advice to GBG’s sales teams and business leaders in the UK and EU
- Advising on new and innovative ways of using personal data, artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Advising on UK and EU data protection issues
- Building deep business partnering relationships with a broad group of GBG team members in multiple countries
- Working collaboratively with your Global Privacy, Legal, Risk and Regulation team members to ensure that your legal advice appropriately reflects regulatory requirements and GBG’s risk appetite
- Providing legal training for sales teams, and other team members
- Where necessary drafting and updating standard contract terms and variations to standard contracts and agreements
- Prioritising workloads and communicating with commercial colleagues
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and taking appropriate action
- Collaborating with a broad range of other internal and external contacts
- A qualified lawyer (PQE or equivalent) with privacy and commercial contracts experience, preferably gained in a technology or data-centric business
- You should be familiar with English Law and have practiced in the UK. Cross border legal experience would also be beneficial
- Although previous in-house experience is desirable, this role could also be suitable for a lawyer with a private practice background moving in-house
- Integrity – You should be reliable, honest and trustworthy. We are looking for an individual who is committed to achieving high levels of customer satisfaction and supporting the aims and objectives of the legal department
- Interpersonal Skills – We work very collaboratively as a team so are looking for an individual who enjoys working with others and is good at building positive relationships with colleagues and customers
- Persuasiveness – You must be a good communicator and have the ability to offer effective, commercial and persuasive advice on complex issues. As negotiating with suppliers and customers is essential to this role you should be able to explain your position in an articulate, constructive and confident manner
- Planning and Organising – We work in a fast paced environment so are looking for someone who possesses strong time management and organisational skills and can handle a number of matters simultaneously. You should be able to plan your time effectively to ensure work can be completed within agreed timescales
- Energy and Drive –You should be self-motivated, enthusiastic and keen to learn. We love to work with individuals who show passion and pride in their work and are willing to take initiative to deliver a high quality service
We have a vision to have the best and most engaged team members in the industry. People matter at GBG, they make us who we are. Every team member across all our locations makes a difference, everyone has something to contribute. Maybe you too could make a difference.
As part of our commitment to our team and flexible working approach, we have created a Work When and Where You Want Policy to give our team members choice and empowerment, and to support a balance in work and home life. Please ask your Talent Attraction Specialist for more information on this and our Family Friendly policy if you want to find out more!
If you’re interested, please apply! We’re looking to hire the best and most engaged people into our business and we’ll make an offer once we’ve found that person.Diversity & Inclusivity:
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing fair opportunities for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, parental status or disability. Everybody is welcome and our inclusion and diversity programme, be/yourself, is designed to ensure that you can thrive. Please inform your GBG Talent Attraction Specialist if you require any reasonable adjustments to the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.