At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
The Director of Customer Acquisition will be responsible for developing and implementing the strategy for acquiring new customers primarily for our self-serve / digital channel. This will be a global role within the Acquire & Activate Group, reporting directly into the VP of Acquire & Activate.
The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of successfully leading customer acquisition activities including cross-functional marketing teams and external supplier / agency relationships to deliver efficient new customer growth at scale. You will be directly accountable for delivering acquisition growth targets and managing the relevant budget.
You will need to be a creative, analytical and data-driven leader who can support and motivate your team to deliver to their full potential.
What excites you
- Develop and implement a holistic acquisition strategy across, but not limited to, paid and organic search, affiliates, social etc.
- Work cross functionally with product, finance / analytics and marketing content teams to discover and deliver the most effective acquisition activities.
- Set up and run a continuous improvement program to use data and insights for improvements and iterations to acquisition activities.
- Provide regular reporting and insights against key target metrics to Acquire & Activate team to other key stakeholders.
- As a member of the Acquire & Activate leadership team, contribute to group-level strategy and initiatives that increase the overall efficacy of the Group.
What excites us
- 5+ years experience in customer acquisition with proven track record in leading and managing acquisition marketing teams to deliver growth
- You are a self-starter with a growth mindset who can quickly iterate and adapt your strategy and tactics.
- You’re experienced in influencing senior business leaders to support and endorse your strategies and ideas
- You are comfortable diving into data to produce informed strategic recommendations and insights
- You have a proven ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Knowledge / experience of financial services and the fin-tech industry
- Enthusiasm and a can-do attitude; Willing to “get in the weeds”
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing – stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme – you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working – allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity – all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave – to suit everyone embarking on life’s great adventure
- Time off – generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We’re an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it’s essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.Diversity & Inclusivity:
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2022;
Female Employees - 46%
Ethnic background - 32%
Identify as LGBTQIA - 10%
Neurodivergent - 9%
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
If you want to learn more, you can read about our Employee Resource Groups and objectives here as well as our latest D&I Report
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.