At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
We’re now looking to add a Mid-Market Account Executive to our UK&I team. As a Mid-Market AE you will be responsible for finding and closing new business deals and expanding existing customers across the UK&I via your own efforts and supported by our marketing, partnerships, sales development, and solutions engineering teams.
You will be engaging with economic buyers within merchant accounts to identify and secure a role for GoCardless as a payment provider. You will liaise with a multitude of stakeholders and departments; from finance and engineering to product and procurement. By successfully multithreading you will build business cases and ultimately secure commercial arrangements.
We’ve built a dynamic, collaborative culture in which we hire and develop smart, driven people that share our desire to do work we can be proud of.
What excites you
- You’ll love taking a data driven approach to pitching GoCardless as a payment provider to Mid-Market ($30m-$250m turnover) accounts.
- Closing multi-territory, multi-year deals with fast growing companies
- Identifying high-fit accounts within your territory/ book of business
- Developing account plans, working with stakeholders in marketing to deliver those plans and building your network within those accounts
- Selling the value of our global payments platform and then developing opportunities through negotiation to contract closure
What excites us
- Proven sales experience in a B2B SaaS environment with a track record of achieving quota (total quota for this role is £650k pa.)
- Experience selling to CxO (CFO/ CTO ideally) and other stakeholders
- Candidates with an understanding of the MEDDIC/ MEDDPICC Sales methodologies (or similar) and experience in applying them
- A structured sales approach, experience of using salesforce and prior experience of selling complex SaaS products and services (Selling APIs is not essential but a nice to have)
- High activity: you are able to cover a large territory effectively and build a dynamic pipeline
- A consultative style and the ability to become a trusted advisor
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
Wellbeing – stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
Work away scheme – you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
Adaptive Working – allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
Equity – all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
Parental leave – to suit everyone embarking on life’s great adventure
Time off – generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We’re an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We make it happen, working with urgency and taking personal accountability for getting things done. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it’s essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Our Values form part of the GoCardless DNA, and are used to not only help us nurture and develop our culture, but to deliver impactful work that will help us to achieve our vision.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.Diversity & Inclusivity:
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2023;
42% identify as women
28% identify as Black, Asian, Mixed or Other
9% identify as LGBTQIA+
9% identify as neurodiverse
2% identify as disabled
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
If you want to learn more, you can read about our Employee Resource Groups and objectives here as well as our latest D&I Report
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.