At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
You will be joining our Solution Engineering team and will be the primary technical lead during engagements with our prospective and existing merchants. You will help qualify, shape, close and support new and existing business opportunities. You will provide technical guidance and oversight on our most exciting opportunities whilst working alongside our sales teams.
Your day to day will focus on:
- Working with our sales team on new and existing opportunities
- Presenting and creating demos showcasing our product
- Performing technical discovery and architecting solution designs for prospects
- Work closely with our product team on product improvements, new initiatives and feature requests
- Work alongside implementation managers and customer success teams to ensure a smooth journey for clients
What excites you
- You are a problem solver at heart
- You have a love for learning and are curious by nature
- You are consultative and love to get stuck into the detail
- You love to help clients accelerate their growth and build innovative experiences
- You have a growth mindset and are open to new lines of thought
What excites us
- Experience as a pre-sales or post-sales solution engineer
- Ability to articulate complex technical solutions to non-technical audiences
- Programming skills in at least one common programming language
- Ability to work with API tools such as Postman and debugging/logging tools
- A deep understanding of how APIs function
- Experience in building integrations with Payment-Service Providers
- A compelling storyteller
- We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing – stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme – you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working – allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity – all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave – to suit everyone embarking on life’s great adventure
- Time off – generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We’re an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We make it happen, working with urgency and taking personal accountability for getting things done. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it’s essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Our Values form part of the GoCardless DNA, and are used to not only help us nurture and develop our culture, but to deliver impactful work that will help us to achieve our vision.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.Diversity & Inclusivity:
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2023;
42% identify as women
28% identify as Black, Asian, Mixed or Other
9% identify as LGBTQIA+
9% identify as neurodiverse
2% identify as disabled
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
If you want to learn more, you can read about our Employee Resource Groups and objectives here as well as our latest D&I Report
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.