At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
GoCardless is on a mission to become the world’s bank payment network. Customer Operations is set to play a vital role in the business’s ambition to reach this goal. This team is responsible for scaling, optimising, and at times creating sustainable operational processes that will help the business evolve and thrive in the Open Banking industry. This role is vital to the successful delivery of the company’s objectives and ensuring we’re supporting our Customers’ journey from day one.
If you’re eager to make your mark and are looking for an exciting challenge, this may be your role. You’ll be working closely with our customers and touching base with a variety of teams and stakeholders within GoCardless. You’ll also have the opportunity to develop your communication, operational, and prioritisation skills. Though you will be expected to hit the ground running, you’ll be part of a dedicated team that’s well-established and has a focus on developing careers. To that end, before you start, there’s paid training, an induction, and a thorough onboarding process, so you get comfortable with the GoCardless product. If you’re happy working in a fast-paced environment where the work is varied and challenging, then this is the role for you.
This role is part of the Customer Operations group and is responsible for supporting customers and carrying out Customer & KYC responsibilities such as carrying out KYC checks, providing an excellent level of service by owning customer queries relating to product usage, general enquiries and troubleshooting.
While setting up this team, we will begin by dedicating the team to tasks related to customers or KYC. The role is expected to eventually blend KYC and customer skills, making it an excellent career path in Customer Operations as both are very essential skills in fast-paced fintech. Not only will it allow for two essential skill sets to be developed and mastered that are key for the fintech industry but it will allow for development and growth into a multitude of pathways such as AML Analysis, senior customer support and potential management opportunities.
Hybrid / 1 day a week in the London office
Monday – Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm
We are a 24×7 operation and require our employees to demonstrate a willingness to work on some bank holidays.
As part of your training in your first week, it will be fully office based 10.00am – 6.00pm before transitioning to your remote working pattern in week 2.
What excites you
As a Customer & KYC Specialist, you will:
- Support Partners and Developers in using the Gocardless product
- Supporting customers through various channels, ensuring the delivery of a world-class customer experience
- Conduct onboarding checks, ensuring that our local and global KYC (Know your Customer) requirements are met while ensuring new and existing customers have a seamless experience by delivering high-quality KYC reviews
- Be responsible for handling KYC escalations and screening queries from your colleagues
- Be responsible for supervising during the night shift by delegating tasks, monitoring the team’s performance and assisting the team by performing the tasks with them where required.
- Helping with training and development
- Conduct enhanced due diligence on GoCardless customers, identifying risks and making recommendations on how these risks can be mitigated
- Perform politically exposed (PEP), Sanctions and Adverse media screening
- Work on projects to improve the customer experience and enable further scaling of the team
- We care about customer experience, speed and quality. We have challenging KPIs that we work hard to deliver against and growing markets to serve as GoCardless expands globally.
What excites us
- You have some previous experience working in a Customer support and/or KYC role
- You have a flawless command of English and communicate clearly in speaking and writing, and are happy to support customers via email or over the phone.
- You care deeply about providing customers with a great experience
- You take pride in having strong attention to detail and always see tasks through to completion
- You’re proactive, can pre-empt issues and are a creative problem solver
- You have the ability to keep calm under pressure
- Ability to learn API programming
- You understand the importance of anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing
- You’re comfortable working with internal stakeholders at all levels, upholding our core product & compliance requirements with a problem-solving approach
- Prior experience using tools like Zendesk, Intercom or Looker is preferred
- An interest/basic experience in coding languages such as PHP, .NET, Java, Ruby and Python are desirable
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
Wellbeing – stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
Work away scheme – you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
Adaptive Working – allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
Equity – all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
Parental leave – to suit everyone embarking on life’s great adventure
Time off – generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We’re an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it’s essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.Diversity & Inclusivity:
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2022;
Female Employees - 46%
Ethnic background - 32%
Identify as LGBTQIA - 10%
Neurodivergent - 9%
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
If you want to learn more, you can read about our Employee Resource Groups and objectives here as well as our latest D&I Report
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.