At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London-based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
You’ll play a key role within the organisation and will be responsible for establishing, implementing, and evolving our global compensation strategy, providing innovative and scalable solutions. You will be utilising all existing data to ensure we make bold and innovative decisions across the full spectrum of total reward.
What excites you
- Designing and developing our global reward strategy in alignment with our overall company strategy and culture
- Use your total reward expertise and business acumen to establish a trusted partnership with a diverse set of business leaders
- Build short term and long term incentive plan e.g. bonus, recognition as well as providing recommendations regarding executive compensation
- Manage global benefits programmes across of all our GEOs including: working with brokers to manage benefits packages, creating benefit tools and material, and streamlining processes
- Build, implement and manage our global compensation framework including benchmarking and analysis
- Conduct formal and informal market surveys; undertake analysis of the compensation market and proactively share insight and recommendations into compensation trends and our global compensation framework
- Build a comprehensive set of analytics to measure reward impact
- Budgeting and planning with the finance and people teams
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance on compensation and benefits related policies, including alignment with employment legislation as well as regulatory reporting.
- Lead the core cyclical reward activities including our annual compensation review.
- Thinking creatively around appropriate compensation interventions that are bespoke and will blend with operational excellence
- Support our managers and people partners with bespoke job levelling and job evaluation processes
- Responsible for communicating all reward programmes clearly and meaningfully to candidates and employees, including developing impactful materials and delivering training and coaching to managers and internal groups such as talent and people partners as required.
What excites us
- Technical reward expertise including equity plan design, benefit administration, reporting and benchmarking.
- Experience in roles requiring a high degree of strategic thinking, analytical skills, and cross-functional work.
- In depth knowledge of Willis Towers Watson, Radford or other mainstream job evaluation architectures.
- Good mix of operational and strategic experience in compensation and benefits.
- Structured thinker with ability to frame and solve unstructured problems; excellent analytical skills.
- Analytical mindset with proven experience using data and data-driven insights to support a business and measure return on investment.
- Numerate and exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Partnering experience with senior level stakeholders.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and with rolling out plans in an agile way.
- Regulatory experience gained within financial services (desirable but not essential).
- Experience in both listed and privately owned companies(desirable but not essential).
The qualities we’d like to see
- Agility, adaptability, pragmatism
- Data oriented and results driven with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Owned projects and initiatives using Agile and/or other project management principles
- Ability to communicate, challenge and influence a range of stakeholders, equally comfortable working with senior managers and staff at all levels
- Able to distil complex issues into component parts, identify causal links and think through alternative courses of action
- Both initiate and translate ideas into tangible output to create value for GeeCees
- Keep Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the heart of everything you do
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing – stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme – you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working – allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity – all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave – to suit everyone embarking on life’s great adventure
- Time off – generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We’re an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it’s essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.Diversity & Inclusivity:
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2022;
Female Employees - 46%
Ethnic background - 32%
Identify as LGBTQIA - 10%
Neurodivergent - 9%
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support. If you want to learn more, you can read about our Employee Resource Groups and objectives here as well as our latest D&I Report
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.