At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris, Melbourne and New York.
GoCardless is on a mission to become the world’s bank payment network. Customer Operations is set to play a vital role in the business’s ambition to reach this goal. This team is responsible for scaling, optimising, and at times creating sustainable operational processes that will help the business evolve and thrive in the Open Banking industry. This role is vital to the successful delivery of the company’s objectives and ensuring we’re supporting our Customers’ journey from day one.
If you’re eager to make your mark and are looking for an exciting challenge, this may be your role. You’ll be working closely with our customers and touching base with a variety of teams and stakeholders within GoCardless. You’ll also have the opportunity to develop your communication, operational, and prioritisation skills. Though you will be expected to hit the ground running, you’ll be part of a dedicated team that’s well-established and has a focus on developing careers. To that end, before you start, there’s paid training, an induction, and a thorough onboarding process, so you get comfortable with the GoCardless product. If you’re happy working in a fast-paced environment where the work is varied and challenging, then this is the role for you.
This role is part of the Customer Operations group and is responsible for supporting customers and carrying out Customer & KYC responsibilities such as carrying out KYC checks, providing an excellent level of service by owning customer queries relating to product usage, general enquiries and troubleshooting.
While setting up this team, we will begin by dedicating the team to tasks related to customers or KYC. The role is expected to eventually blend KYC and customer skills, making it an excellent career path in Customer Operations as both are very essential skills in fast-paced fintech. Not only will it allow for two essential skill sets to be developed and mastered that are key for the fintech industry but it will allow for development and growth into a multitude of pathways such as AML Analysis, senior customer support and potential management opportunities.
Onsite – Riga, Latvia
Shift Pattern 1 – (40 hours per week, weekdays as per below)
Monday – Friday, 10 am to 7 pm EET
Shift Pattern 2 – Rotational Shift Pattern (4 days working – 4 days break, including weekdays and weekends rotation between following shifts per below)
8 am – 8 pm EET for 4 days
4 days off
8 pm – 8 am EET for 4 days
4 days off
We are a 24×7 operation and require our employees to demonstrate a willingness to work on some bank holidays.
For all the shift options mentioned above, the first four weeks will be dedicated to induction & onboarding, and you will need to be in our Riga office 9 am – 6 pm, Monday to Friday.
What excites you
As a Customer & KYC Representative, you will:
- You will be the first point of contact for our customers regarding any/all queries and primarily provide phone & email support to our customers globally.
- Take ownership of the issue(s) and support our customers most efficiently whilst consistently delivering world-class customer service.
- Analysing and reporting product issues and representing customer voice across the company
- Guide our customers to use our dashboard and explain the benefits of our products by having valuable discussions with customers
- Monitoring customer complaints on social media and reaching out to provide assistance
- Ensure that our local and global KYC (Know your Customer) requirements are met while ensuring new and existing customers have a seamless experience by delivering high quality KYC reviews
- Stop the bad actors by ensuring we’re catching those that we believe are misusing the GoCardless platform. It is our regulatory and moral obligation to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing
- Perform politically exposed persons (PEP), Sanctions and Adverse media screening
- Identify opportunities to upskill other team members and proactively share knowledge
- We are about customer experience, speed and quality. We have challenging KPIs that we work hard to deliver against and growing markets to serve as GoCardless expands globally.
What excites us
- You’re interested in KYC & customer support and want to learn and grow your career in this space
- You have a flawless command of English and communicate clearly in speaking and writing, and are happy to support customers via email and over the phone
- You love helping people and care deeply about providing customers with a great experience
- Ability to handle a high volume of calls and emails and be able to consistently meet targets
- You take pride in having strong attention to detail and always see tasks through to completion
- You learn quickly and are comfortable with complexity and a technical product
- You’re able to follow processes to the letter and challenge these where they can be improved
- You have a tremendous sense of urgency tempered by the ability to keep calm under pressure
- Having previous experience working in a similar role in a contact centre/customer support operations or KYC role is highly desirable
- Prior experience using tools like Zendesk, Intercom or Looker is desirable
- We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
Salary range: €1200 per month
- (some of) The good stuff
Wellbeing – stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme – you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working – allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity – all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave – to suit everyone embarking on life’s great adventure
- Learning Budget – lead your own development with an annual learning budget
- Time off – generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We’re an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it’s essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.Diversity & Inclusivity:
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2022;
Female Employees - 46%
Ethnic background - 32%
Identify as LGBTQIA - 10%
Neurodivergent - 9%
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
If you want to learn more, you can read about our Employee Resource Groups and objectives here as well as our latest D&I Report
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.