Part Time Finance Assistant
£25,000-£30,000 pro rata, plus company bonus, enhanced benefits – including unlimited paid annual leave, private healthcare, pension, discounted gym membership and more)
We are seeking a confident and experienced Finance Assistant to join our team in what will be a varied role, involving the processing and troubleshooting of various accounts and transactions. You will work closely with the Management Accountant and Head of Finance as well as other colleagues from different departments across the business. As a Finance team member, you are expected to look after the little things that matter.
This is a part-time hybrid role, ideally 20 hours per week with an element of flexibility in relation to the days.
This is a fast-paced role and will require collaboration, organisation and attention to detail to deliver a great service to the business, clients, and stakeholders.
- Maintaining ledgers (purchase, sales, general)
- Updating accounting system (Xero) with project information
- Performing routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested
- Fixed asset register control
- Assisting with accruals & prepayments
- Following up on invoices
- Supplier payments and statement reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Aged debtors’ reconciliation and credit control
- Carrying out month-end closedown process
- Reviewing and adhering to department budgets
- Collecting and entering data for various financial spreadsheets
- Reviewing and auditing of financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct
- Reconciling any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients
- Answers questions and provides assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed
- Assisting with management accounts
- Processing staff expense claims and discuss regular trends to work on actions and improve profitability
- Corporate credit card/control and reconciliation
- Maintain employee health insurance records
- Full utilisation of software (Workflow Max & Xero) to create and monitor cost centres
Personal Specification: Knowledge, Experience and Skills
This is an amazing opportunity for an ambitious Finance Assistant experienced in administrative support to join a fast-growing company and play a key role within our Finance team.
Knowledge & Experience
- Have or be working towards AAT/ICB or ACCA/CIMA qualifications
Excellent mathematical skills
- A degree in math’s, finance or business would be desirable
- Strong customer-service skills and experience working collaboratively
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbally
- Familiarity with business principles and practices
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong computer knowledge, particularly with spreadsheets and calculation software.
- Experience working with software such as Xero or similar
The ability to plan and organise the workload to ensure deadlines are met
Skills & Competencies
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to break down the solution into smaller parts to plan and organise the tasks in an agile way.
- Dynamic, engaging with strong interpersonal skills and able to build relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Confident communicator at all levels
- A team player who enjoys working collaboratively to deliver the best result
- The ideal candidate will have the confidence required to work in a fast paced and agile working environment where change is the norm.
We are a team of data specialists who design, build, and embed cutting edge-data solutions that create value. Through combining in-house expertise with an extensive network of specialist and academic partnerships, we help our clients to become more efficient and more effective through data.
Our ability to support across all parts of the transformation journey makes us different. From strategy and engineering, through to analysis, machine learning and BI, we bring all the necessary skillsets together to produce genuine business impact and strong ROI for our clients.
Whether it’s to drive profitable revenue growth, retain the best talent, report on ESG metrics, or embed a data-driven mindset to improve the adoption of new tools, we support our clients to solve their biggest and most pertinent business challenges.
We’re committed to using data for good, our philanthropic foundation, Profusion Cares, offers staff the opportunity to be a part of the heart of our business.
How to apply
Please click apply or email your CV to: [email protected] (Closing date for applications is the 26th April 2023).Diversity & Inclusivity:
Profusion is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we embrace difference in a serious way. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and we are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills and views and guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the criteria in our person specification. We are also committed to providing support through training and development to successful applicants who are returning to work after any career gaps due to caring responsibilities. If reading this job description has given you any doubt about whether you’d feel welcome or included at Profusion then we’d really like to hear from you about it, so we don’t do it again.
To apply for this job please visit profusion.jobs.personio.de.