About the job
Who We Are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor’s Highest-Rated Tech Companies for Culture and Values 2023
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
As the Marketing Executive, EMEA Field Marketing you will use your marketing expertise and creativity to support and execute marketing activity in line with Field Marketing team plans, strategies, and business needs. As an integral part of the Field Marketing team, you will be hands-on and proactive, working across a range of programs, campaigns, communications, and events. You’ll have an aptitude and passion for marketing, be highly organised, and able to demonstrate excellent project management skills. You will be expected to execute marketing initiatives with agility, speed, and a customer-centric mindset.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
In this role, you will:
- Be exceptionally structured, organised, and hands-on
- Be able to independently manage projects and events to budget and on time
- Use creative and innovative approaches to solve programme and organisational challenges
- Manage third-party vendors e.g. events and creative agencies to create compelling experiences and business outcomes for our internal and external customers
- Support the Field Marketing leads in the delivery of the local Samsara User Group (SUG) program involving event management, audience acquisition, lead routing, sales communications, and follow-up
- Build and distribute a Marketing Events Calendar to ensure go-to-market teams are informed and enabled on upcoming marketing activities
- Own, curate, and distribute a monthly internal Marketing Newsletter working across teams to create high-value content
- Support third party event execution overseeing on-site setup and breakdown and assisting in general event management as required (ordering merchandise, collateral, managing stand rota, organising briefings, etc)
- Ensure continuous learnings are captured, giving visibility to the different stakeholders involved in the program
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success,
- Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done, an “owning it” personality who can drive process improvement while maintaining agility
- Experience in B2B technology marketing either from the agency or vendor side
- Attention to detail, excellent organisation skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
- A willingness to travel (as needed)
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Ability to work in a fast-moving and pressured environment.
- Ability to communicate and build successful relationships at all levels
- Ability to motivate others and build relationships
- Location: Remote with the requirement to travel within Europe approximately 2-3 times per quarter, plus 2-4 times per month into London HQ
An ideal candidate also has:
- SFDC, Marketo experience
- French, German, or Dutch language would be helpful, but not essential
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.Diversity & Inclusivity:
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.