Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
Samsara is continuing on its path as a high-growth company and is looking for sales leaders to hyperdrive growth in the company’s next chapter. You will be part of the EMEA leadership team and responsible for more than 50% of our European business. In this key sales leadership role you will lead the growth and expansion of our Inside Sales team from currently 40+ to over 100 Senior Account Executives in the next few years as we scale our European business rapidly, entering new markets and growing our already-strong European customer base.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You have innate curiosity in how businesses work: One day you’ll meet with someone in waste management and the next you may be learning about the inner workings of a food distribution center. Our top sales team members seek to learn the ins and outs of the businesses they support in order to make a larger impact.
- You build genuine relationships with your customers: The industries we serve have relied on pen-and-paper solutions for years and haven’t been met with the type of technology we offer. Our customers value earned trust and human relationships built over time.
- You want to be with the best: Samsara’s high-performance culture means you’ll be surrounded by the best and challenged to go farther than you have before.
- You are a team player: At Samsara, sales is a team sport. We help each other out by sharing best practices and focus on winning as a team.
- Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Report to the SVP, EMEA and member of the EMEA leadership team contributing to the development and execution of the overall EMEA business and organizational strategy.
- Achieve the sales goal for the Mid-market and Enterprise segments.
- Manage, coach, mentor and develop a team of high-performing and proven Inside Sales Managers..
- Develop and execute sales strategy based on data-driven analysis across all verticals and geographies to increase market penetration.
- Build strong relationships with customers and partners
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team.
- Develop high-accuracy forecast cadence on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis and have a strong understanding of factors influencing performance
- Collaborate closely with Growth Marketing and Account Development Leadership to ensure quality lead volume across multiple channels for the UK Inside Sales team
- Drive initiatives forward in collaboration with cross-functional teams (Sales Engineering, Product,
- Operations, Finance, Marketing, etc.) to identify process improvements, reduce administration, ensure smooth deal flow and increase scalability.
- Provide input into new market entry and early sales feedback in market
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success,
- Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Win as a Team, Be inclusive) as we scale rapidly.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 10+ years sales experience incl 5+ years in B2B software sales.
- 2+ years in sales management as a sales executive (Director+) leading a team of Inside Sales Managers.
- Proven track record of leading teams to consistent quota over-achievement in complex environments with high transaction value items
- Proven success working within a complex organization and aligning executive stakeholders to achieve high-growth sales targets
An ideal candidate also has:
- Strong operational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to influence and lead teams through rapid and difficult transition
- Substantial experience leading teams with strong outbound / cold-calling motion
- Strong familiarity with Salesforce.com (SFDC) and MEDDIC qualification
- Direct experience with a Proof of Concept or Trial sales motion
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.Diversity & Inclusivity:
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.