Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
Samsara is hiring a Regional Supply Planner to oversee the hardware supply planning process for the EMEA market. The Supply Planner will be responsible for developing and maintaining rolling 12-month production & capacity plans for each product and calculating the implications on financial liabilities and inventory level. This is a highly visible role that offers an opportunity to make business-critical decisions that will improve customer service levels while minimizing inventory costs.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Drive appropriate inventory to achieve company objectives on revenue and cost based on the demand plan.
- Build strong relationships with the broader EMEA organization and serve as the planning liaison within the region.
- Provide actionable supplier production targets taking into account overall capacity, capacity maximization, and tradeoffs in the event of constraints.
- Provide recommendations on optimal logistics strategy taking into account demand needs, transit time, and logistics costs.
- Maintain a long-term supply schedule/plan with clear materials CTB and I/O/S waterfall, highlighting risks and opportunities based on materials availability.
- Monitor supplier performance to requested targets by quarter as well as yield rates and provide feedback on QBRs.
- Oversee and provide input into vendor-managed inventory (VMI) targets and performance, keeping stock within health levels with no excess.
- Analyze Samsara and supplier PO issuance to lead time, recommending preventive or corrective action where necessary.
- Report performance to targets and communicate inventory risks (excess and shortage).
- As needed, recommend constrained inventory guidance based on company objectives for revenue prioritization, cost minimization, and customer experience.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success,
- Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance, or Economics.
- 8+ years (or 6+ with Masters) of combined experience in consulting and supply chain planning, supply planning, material planning, or inventory management.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to clearly lay out assumptions, risks, and opportunities.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to quickly synthesize information in a digestible format for a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Attention to detail while never losing sight of the big picture.
- A proactive, positive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, changing priorities, and business volatility.
- Strong understanding of ERP/MRP systems.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience using NetSuite, Salesforce, and e2open
- Electronics manufacturing and vendor relationship management experience.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.Diversity & Inclusivity:
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.