Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally and collect more than 40 billion minutes of video footage and 5 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
You will be joining the team that is building and maintaining our continuously maturing Zendesk Platform that enables our global customer and technical support ticketing solution providing the business with robust functionality for effective handling, routing, and reporting on volumes of tickets through multiple channels.
In collaboration with Customer/Technical Support, Sales, and R&D groups, you will take abstract concepts and create technical solutions. You will contribute through requirements design, development, testing and deployment. You will ensure that the architecture and design are of high quality, stable, scalable and reliable. You drive technical design and best engineering practices through design reviews, architecture reviews, user validation activities, and business customer interactions.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
In this role, you will:
Join our transformation journey of the Customer Support Systems Organization. As a Lead Developer for our Zendesk and Twilio SaaS Platform engineering you will provide intuitive, reliable, and responsive collaboration platforms for Samsara’s customers, partners, and employees. As part of this team, you will be responsible for assisting in the creation and integration of a variety of our communication platforms, including Zendesk, Twilio and integrating with our existing systems.
Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3+ years of progressive hands-on experience with design, configuration, testing, deployment, and support in a Zendesk environment. Proven experience with implementations to multiple business threads in a dynamic business setting.
- 1+ years of experience in building IVR Call flows using the Twilio Contact Center.
- 5+ years of software development experience building, deploying and scaling distributed, highly available, large scale, high performing multi-tenant SaaS based customer facing products and services.
- Ability to support an on-call rotation (minimal impact)
- Experience building microservices and customer facing APIs.
- Experience with Twilio Contact Center services – Twilio Flex, Programmable Voice, Chat, SMS, Taskrouter, Flex Insights, etc.
- Google, Rackspace, or other related cloud platform.
- Previous experience handling and supporting mission critical enterprise systems. Ability to diagnose and respond to interruptions and critical issues in a timely manner
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent technical experience.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Solid understanding of “Zendesk Explore”
- Experience with the Zendesk API suite
- Experience in implementing Twilio flow with Zendesk CRM system
- Experience in a continuous Agile approach of integration dev/deploy format.
- Experience with software integrations and building middleware connectors.
- Skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, including basic SSL/TLS.
- Customer Focus – Deep passion and desire for creating amazing customer & colleague experiences.
- Get Things Done – Great work ethic and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Obsesses over the Details – committed to paying attention to the details.
- Drives Continuous Improvement – Always focusing on effective and efficient work and ways to get better.
Build for the Long Term – committed to pursuit of growing personally & professionally and has a focus on bringing your colleagues along with you on that journey. Build the solution which serves Samsara’s needs for many years to come.
Samsara’s Compensation Philosophy: Samsara’s compensation program is designed to deliver total compensation (based on role, level, and geography) that is above market. We do this through our base salary + bonus/variable + restricted stock units (RSUs). RSUs are awarded at hire and may be refreshed annually. Additionally, as a pay-for-performance company, there are additional RSU grant awards for top performers which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
The range of annual base salary for full-time employees for this position is below. Please note that base pay offered may vary depending on factors including your city of residence, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.Diversity & Inclusivity:
* We set goals and develop strategies to diversify our workforce by being intentional about addressing unconscious bias and ensuring fairness in our sourcing and hiring practices
* We create training and learning opportunities centred on enabling growth and ensuring all employees feel valued, respected, and supported
* We invest in mechanisms to ensure we are on target and transparent about building a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive Samsara
Read more here: https://www.samsara.com/uk/company/diversity/
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.