At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,700+ customers, we serve approximately 85% of the Fortune 500®, and we’re proud to be one of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World’s Most Admired Companies™.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Business Development Director with a strong focus on transformation initiatives in Public Sector. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in driving strategic growth through building relationships within the C-suite and demonstrating the value of cross-product and platform initiatives as well as extensive experience working/dealing in the public sector. This role requires exceptional leadership skills, a deep understanding of market trends, government policy processes, and the ability to identify and capitalize on transformation/business opportunities. Experience in procuring/running SAAS environments within public sector is an advantage to this role. The Business Development Director will play a pivotal role in shaping and executing the company’s growth strategy across public sector vertical segments. Previous experience in healthcare is beneficial, ideally having worked for the NHS or other public sector organisations.
What you will do in the role:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive business development strategy with a specific focus on transformation initiatives for healthcare, government & education (but not limited to these specific areas).
- Identify potential business opportunities and partnerships to support the company’s growth objectives, leveraging market insights and industry trends.
- Conduct thorough market research and analysis to identify emerging trends and transformational opportunities within the industry.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and refine the company’s value proposition and develop innovative solutions to address market needs.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including clients, partners, and industry influencers.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the business development team, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Monitor and analyze market trends, competitive landscape, and customer feedback to inform strategic decision-making and enhance business development efforts.
- Collaborate with the executive team to define and execute the company’s overall growth strategy, incorporating transformational initiatives.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Proven experience in a senior-level engagement, with a focus on driving transformational growth in the public sector space
- Demonstrated success in identifying and closing high-value business deals, partnerships, and strategic alliances.
- Experience of running IT SAAS services for an organisation, ideally in healthcare or Public Sector.
- Strong understanding of market dynamics and trends, with the ability to translate insights into actionable business strategies.
- Track record of building and nurturing strong client relationships, driving customer satisfaction, and maximizing revenue opportunities.
- Strategic thinker with a results-oriented mindset, capable of identifying and capitalizing on transformational opportunities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt quickly to changing business priorities.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to leverage data and market insights to drive informed decision-making.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.