At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,700+ customers, we serve approximately 85% of the Fortune 500®, and we’re proud to be one of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World’s Most Admired Companies™.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
The EMEA Events Director is responsible for developing and leading ServiceNow’s organization’s events strategy and execution for EMEA Geography. This role supports executive leadership as an events advisor and strategist, working directly with EMEA Marketing organizations, field marketing and sales. This management role is part of EMEA Integrated Marketing organization and leads a team of events specialists. Location of this in any of EMEA main offices such as Issy les Moulineaux, Madrid, Munich, Staines, London …
- Develop a vision and strategy for the organization’s events function in EMEA.
- Oversee the execution of a range of external events, including (but not limited to) trade shows, conferences, seminars, roadshows. For example, Service Now owned events such as Knowledge.
- Activation of third party such as Mobile World Congress, Gartner Symposium,
- Set measurable objectives and associated reports for events by type, size, and location.
- Work with legal to negotiate venue/vendor contracts with the most favorable terms for the organization.
- Optimise and standardise event processes
- Maintain overall responsibility for the event marketing budget.
- Manage the internal events team and oversee the selection of agencies and third- party vendors.
- Collaborate with other marketing teams to define and lead a cohesive pre-event, at-event, and post-event strategy to increase engagement and buyer enablement.
- Proactively engage with sales teams to coordinate, communicate, and optimize the impact of event activities.
- Communicate with and educate executive leadership on new and planned event activities, including global, regional, and local programs.
- Look for opportunities to incorporate innovative, digital/virtual experiences in the event experience.
- Serve as the key stakeholder and evangelist for the organization’s events portfolio.
- 8 or more years of related experience, including 3 to 5 years of experience in event management and leadership in Tech, conferences, consulting, or other B2B environment.
- Hands-on corporate event planning and logistics experience within matrixed organization
- Management of event communications to multiple complex stakeholder groups on a local, regional, national, and (if applicable) international scale
- Selection of third-party vendors and agencies
- Management of projects, budgets, and resource allocation to support success and efficiency.
- Previous demonstrated linkage of event efforts to an organization’s broader growth plan
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Desirable certification/affiliations: Certified Meeting Professional, Certified Special Events
Competencies Skills & Behaviors
- Trusted advisor to senior executives
- Strong relationship builder with marketing and sales functions
- Planning/project management
- Problem solving
- Agency/vendor management
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Quick learner and effective communicator in a fast-paced matrix environment
- Negotiation skills
- Budget management
- Language: Fluent English, other European languages are a bonus
- Knowledge of EMEA venues and suppliers
- Willingness to travel up to 10% to 20% of the time
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.